• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Mini Meet TS South Pre-Meet - Pleasurewood Hills & Great Yarmouth: 29th May 2015

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
I am arranging a pre-meet for the official TS South meet which will take in Pleasurewood Hills and the Great Yarmouth attractions on Friday, 29th May 2015.

I will be able to offer travel/transport between the Midlands and all attractions across the weekend if anybody wishes to join in. Similarly, if you don't live in my neck of the woods, then you could get to Ely station on the Thursday PM and I would be happy to drive you around from there to/from the attractions.

The current plan is as follows:

Thursday, 28th May
PM: Travel to Ely (I will be travelling from Rugeley)
Accommodation: Ely Travelodge

Friday, 29th May
9.30am Meet at PLEASUREWOOD HILLS
c3:00pm - Drive into Great Yarmouth - Pleasure Beach & Joyland (15 minute drive from PWH)
PM: 2 1/2 hour drive to Ibis Budget Beaconsfield
-> Join main TS South meet

Please let me know on this thread if you wish to join us for these parks!

1. AstroDan
2. John

Last edited:
Right, that makes my decision on returning from uni easier.

I can join for the Pleasurewood Hills and GYPB bits, Will need transport between PWH and Yarmouth. I could be tempted to do South meet as well.

Right, that makes my decision on returning from uni easier.

I can join for the Pleasurewood Hills and GYPB bits, Will need transport between PWH and Yarmouth. I could be tempted to do South meet as well.
I am potentially able to lift but obviously if there are others wishing to do this with the official meet then they'll have priority.

:)

I am potentially able to lift but obviously if there are others wishing to do this with the official meet then they'll have priority.

Will look at finances, saved a decent bit of student loan last semester and so I could see it being do-able to do this and the Saturday of South. Last time I visited Chessy I was the target age for Beano Land.

Depends on work but I might try and do this. If not it will just be South weekend for me.

I am unlikely to get the Friday off work but will be at South. As you're literally 15 minutes away from my house on the Thursday evening in Ely, Russell & I will be able to share a meal with you!

Looking forward to booking something for us. Pizza Express? Other? Let me know :)

I'm quite tempted by this; haven't done either of these parks, although they aren't exactly ones I'm enthusiastic about. Will just need to figure out how to get there!

If you can get to Ely station on Thursday evening or Friday morning, I have lift space for the full weekend.

Just boosting this topic slightly to confirm that myself and John will be at PWH and Gt. Yarmouth on the Friday.

If anybody else is able to make it - then fantastic.

PWH opens at 10:00am but we plan to meet there at 9:30am.
Great Yarmouth is open until 6.00pm - I reckon we'll be transferring from PWH to Great Yarmouth around 3pm, subject to queues at PWH.

I'm definitely on for PWH, subject to lifts I'll do GYPB and not certain about South as would need a room.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to be a no... I've blagged the Sunday and Monday at the start of this week off for Radio 1's Big Weekend and the Playoff Final - so I won't have any other days off. Unless Norwich don't make the final haha :p

I'm a possibility for this now thanks to Mark Boyce offering me room space and 2 days worh of magic pass. Just need a lift there and back and to check with my dad now. :)

Oh didn't realise this was the pre-meet thread. I meant the Saturday and Sunday! Can't make the Friday due to college.

Is anyone able to give me a lift between PWH and GYPB on the day? (Can't do the rest of South meet now)