• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Alpenexpress & Tiroler Wildwasserbahn Rebuild

From what I’ve seen so far, from numerous POVS, the above is certainly largely agreeable.

I think Wildwasserbahn greatly benefits the most from the change in scenery, due to its position, the design of the rockwork and enhancement of some effects. It certainly still looks a decent and rideable attraction.

Sadly, Alpenexpress certainly looks a noticeable downgrade. As nice it is going through rockwork, there was certainly something special about the train quickly flying through the mysterious hall. Something that’s gone forever.

The original Alpenexpress was probably my favourite powered coaster around. However, it is difficult to know what will take that spot, as far as existing versions go. both versions of this ride are solid proof that the right use of design, theming and terrain can turn a good ride into a great one!

Shall have to see what it looks like in the flesh, when I visit relatively soon.

I wish people would say that about my political statements ;)
had to respond to this because it rang so true! for all the years we've both been on these forum I know we've clashed on many political subjects. But I've never dismissed anything you've had to say about Theme Parks, you've made some of the best observations over the years.

Anyway what I actually came to post, I think Alton's Runaway Mine Train has one of the best layouts. As JW put a lot of effort into making each part of the layout interesting. Could you imagine if they enclosed the ride from the point it passes over the pathway until the current tunnel ends and themed it like the Diamond Mine how good that would be! For starters it's all downhill, so it would seem like the ride is desending deeper with every turn. It also runs along a pathway, that could make a perfect viewing area. Then there is the interaction with it and the Rapids, which is more of a feature on these rides as they pass in opposite directions.

Basically what I'm say, please Alton, give us the true successor to the Diamond Mine!