• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Yet the closing time is 8pm.
I was there last week and also thought the closing times a little stingy – now I know why.

One day was a 7:30 and the other two were 7s. Park was rammed, with Voltron on about 80 and Wodan exceeding 60 on occasion.

It was always going to be rammed today, and likely will be tomorrow also which is a bridge day (day between a public holiday and the weekend).
I made the mistake of visiting on this Thursday/Friday a few years ago and have recommended on here a few times since to avoid these dates at all costs. Never again.

Last edited:
I checked yesterday, it's May 29th next year!

Ah that’s annoying. I noticed this year half term in the UK falls in a week with no European holidays afaik so very favourable for families who want quiet times at places like EP or Efteling.

Was hoping to take advantage next year but seems that’s foiled.

Ah that’s annoying. I noticed this year half term in the UK falls in a week with no European holidays afaik so very favourable for families who want quiet times at places like EP or Efteling.

Was hoping to take advantage next year but seems that’s foiled.

Yes that is a shame. Here's a list of all the German public holidays for 2025;

Screenshot_20240510-090708.png

Its a German public holiday today apparently

9 May (Thursday)Ascension Day (Christi Himmelfahrt)

I knew there was a reason I hadn't booked this week - my German friend was kind enough to tell me about what holidays would probably impact EP crowd levels, and this one was the main one she mentioned.
Projected crowd levels:

Screenshot 2024-05-09 at 17.12.26.png
My trip is the 12th - 17th... Looks like I should avoid the majority of the crowds if the crowd calender is accurate.

I knew there was a reason I hadn't booked this week - my German friend was kind enough to tell me about what holidays would probably impact EP crowd levels, and this one was the main one she mentioned.

My trip is the 12th - 17th... Looks like I should avoid the majority of the crowds if the crowd calender is accurate.
This looks quite accurate in my opinion, as far as prognosis goes. Especially since the weather is forecast to be horrible from the 14th on. :)

Opening hours have been quite odd for a while now. I was hoping this season would see a real recovery in staff availability given the new accommodation and facilities for them are beginning to open. Unfortunately that seems to not be the case. I’m not sure I’ve seen a closure later than 8pm since pre-Covid (except the midnight opening).

Earlier this season saw closes of 7pm on extremely quiet Sundays, but then 6pm closes on far busier weekdays.

Let’s hope they resolve the staffing issues because it’s not just restricting opening hours, it seems to also be a blocker to committing to build any more hotels.

Winter saw 8.30pm. But then it opens later in the morning.

A 11.5/11 hour operating day appears the limit currently. Previously the max was 13/12.5h with closure up to 9.30pm (admittedly you'd get maybe 2 9.30pm closes all year) with 9pm quite common through summer peak and May/October weekends.