• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024 UK general election predictions and general discussion.

What is your predicted polling outcome for the 2024 UK general election

• Other Result (Please specify in your post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Last week???
You haven't been reading the Mail my friend...the last month, at least.
All absolute shite, but better than reporting on the tories progress I suppose.

Reactions: Tom
Not sure I'd agree that it's nonsense about Rayner IF she has dodged tax by saying that a 2nd residence was actually where she lived when it wasn't. Admittedly I havn't checked on the progress of the allegations recently, but it is a serious matter.

There's an irony about a lot of right leaning people casting stones about tax evasion mind.

It's gone quiet. So presumably it's not gone anywhere, at least not until they bother announcing the GE.

There's an irony about a lot of right leaning people casting stones about tax evasion mind.

It's gone quiet. So presumably it's not gone anywhere, at least not until they bother announcing the GE.
Not gone quiet, they were still prattling on yesterday.
"Next door says he will prove her lies in court as witness" etc.

Last edited:
They are claiming that the queues such arrangements attract can be undignified for some people - but not sure which group they refer to, or how the proposals solve the apparent issue.

The Conservatives seem to be chasing the Reform vote with populist right wing policies rather than realigning with the centre ground. Extreme left and right policies don't tend to do well with the electorate.

My question is, on the assumption the Conservatives are defeated at the next election, will they take the path back to the centre-right or will they double down on the crazy? There are people within the party who subscribe to the Liz Truss way of thinking... yes our policy failed, but that's because it wasn't extreme enough, we need to be more extreme next time to make it work!

The Conservatives seem to be chasing the Reform vote with populist right wing policies rather than realigning with the centre ground. Extreme left and right policies don't tend to do well with the electorate.

My question is, on the assumption the Conservatives are defeated at the next election, will they take the path back to the centre-right or will they double down on the crazy? There are people within the party who subscribe to the Liz Truss way of thinking... yes our policy failed, but that's because it wasn't extreme enough, we need to be more extreme next time to make it work!

I suspect that will come down to how much of the vote they lose towards Labour vs Reform.

I fear for a further lurch to the right if significant numbers vote Reform since they will try and win those voters nutters back.