• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Chessington World of Adventures Resort

Everything seemed to be running fine on Sunday only delay for us was on dragons fury for 10 minutes which we queued for 93 minutes (advertised 45) from near the queue line shop, they were letting an insane amount of reserve and riders on, same with mandrill mayhem so we only used single rider for that one.

Vampire however on 2 trains was absolutely eating the queue, never really stopped moving, compare to Thorpe park today and we had trains to ourselves on 2 occasions 😂 only trade off was the weather.

The queue for Mandrill Mayhem must be awful today. They've pulled out the big guns and activated the emergency extended queue line, closing the M25 between Junctions 9 and 10 just to accommodate it.

Who decided that a shuttle coaster was a good idea?
I know your post was likely in jest, but according to the app, the queue is surprisingly at only 10 minutes at this precise moment in time.

Rattlesnake is also on only 15, with Dragon’s Fury being on 45 and Vampire being on 80. Vampire is the only thrill ride above an hour.

It!s either a very quiet or very well-operated day at Chessington, by the looks of things!

Visited Chessington for the first time in a few weeks (mainly due to not being able to get RAP slots, but that is another matter), and a few takeaways were:

1) The blue badge parking spaces that had been lost due to installing EV chargers are available again now the work has finished.
2) For the RAP queue for Vampire there is now a member of staff just at the top of the steps scanning the passes. For the RAP queue for Dragons Fury there is a member of staff scanning the passes as you enter the queue now - this is new from our last visit.
3) The new queue system for Tiger Rock still makes no sense. It didn't seem to matter which side you went down, the member of staff was just putting each group in a separate boat. Worked for us as we went down the 4 or more side and got on before 3 or 4 groups that were originally in front of us. But what is the point of this if they are just putting every group in separate boats regardless of size?
4) First ride on Tomb Blaster this year, didn't noticed anything obvious not working but that may have been more down to trying to thrash family members :). Dispatch was very slow, we went down the main queue as we were waiting for RAP to count down so couldn't book anything and the queue was stated as 5 minutes, but it was no way 5 minutes. It felt like it was taking the 5 minutes to get one train out, I don't know the ins and outs but why it takes so long to get people off, people on and the train going is beyond me.
5) RAP actually worked well, pretty much straight on with all rides we used it on, and that is fairly unusual for Vampire, Mandrill, Tiger Rock, Dragons Fury, & Gruffalo to name a few. The caveat to this was that the park for a warm Sunday was quite quiet, I assume down to the M25 closure and people choosing BBQ's over theme park maybe. Still waiting to experience the new system on a rammed day.

Anyway, just our observations.

I didn't think I'd ever see this day come, but wow!! So good to see them being reinstalled. I remember going on Vampire back in 2022, and always thought the station was a bit empty, so hopefully this will rectify that! All they need to do now is get the original music back in and maybe some cobwebs scattered in the station!

Speaking of which… so did that play in the station originally? Because there is a version on Graham’s bandcamp, which seems to be quite different up until the bit with the choir. I’ve heard other versions where the choir section sounds different too.

I’m guessing this has something to do with the vekoma refurb? But then why would Graham mash two versions together?

Well gang, looks like we got a mystery on our hands. Or I’m stupid.