• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

But if the flaps vibrate it’s surely a design flaw. Didn’t happen on the trains on the original

I guess this is a case of, we weren’t quite sure what was going to happen until we tried it. If it is being caused by those drip trays (which I am sceptical about) then they may have to make changes trial and error to see what works and doesn’t. There isn’t a substitute for trying it in the field for this I assume.

The harder wheel compounds won’t help. But as it runs in they can probably go to softer ones until it pretty much sorts itself. Can’t explain why it’s more on the two corners than anywhere else in the layout however. At least they aren’t flat out denying the problem.

Above all, it’s really not that much of a big deal. The ride is still operating well, it’s running well and I don’t think it’s a major issue.

I also had my first rides today. Absolutely loved it, got super lucky that my first ride was a front row too. Still pleasantly surprised that Merlin shelled out for a complete retrack, and if anything my rides today felt more intense than I remember.
It confirms it was the right thing to do.
Everyone is saying it's more intense than before, but I do wonder how much recency bias is playing a big part in this.
18 months without the UK's most dearly beloved coaster is a long time to us guys who love going to parks regularly.
Could be that we have really forgotten what the experience was like from 94-22?

It confirms it was the right thing to do.
Everyone is saying it's more intense than before, but I do wonder how much recency bias is playing a big part in this.
18 months without the UK's most dearly beloved coaster is a long time to us guys who love going to parks regularly.
Could be that we have really forgotten what the experience was like from 94-22?
Ye it’s not as intense as original. I used to sometimes grey out on the helix on the original but I don’t on the new track

Ridden Nemesis more than any other coaster on the planet so very used to it. Yet still, on the first ride every season you'd almost forget the feeling of the sustained forces from the helix and the pull up into the zero-g . Quite a masterful element and my favourite part of the ride.

It's quite possible even the slightest difference can have an impact on how the forces are felt. The "intensity" of Nemesis seems to come from how sustained some of the forces are.

So it's likely more a perceptual thing than any tangible difference. My perception was the opposite as I certainly didn't enjoy it as much as old Nemesis, although admittedly it was early season and I haven't ridden it in weeks now. The tingling in the feet felt the same on the brake run as it always has. Not that it's a bad thing. Even if the science doesn't stack up, if it's being enjoyed more then that's a good thing because that's what it's designed to do, and therefore it's money well spent.

I think it’s definitely been money well spent! I think the true testament to it has been how well received it has been amongst the general public.
I was concerned it would not have the same draw as a brand new ride, however on my visits this year I’ve seen a real excitement and buzz around the ride from guests in the park. The nicest thing to see has been parents taking their children on the ride for the first time and talking about their experiences of riding old nemesis.
Yes it does ride different to Nemesis 1, but I’ve enjoyed the different experience it has provided - yes even with the Nemmy Rebo rattle!