• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Thirteen: General Discussion

Someone couldn't have quickly popped up a ladder with some silicone for an hour to stick some tiles back on temporarily?

Why is the Merlin Way to let things go to complete ruin when more major investments are due? I get that relaying carpets and fixing effects won't be in scope when things are due to be ripped apart soon anyway, but have some standards. It's levels of acceptablility that have led to so many problems at the park. Some things are quick fixes, but they're either being subconsciously or intentionally ignored. It's a culture of acceptance.

I was going to say, they need an idiot thoosie gardener/caretaker and a ladder, bit of sacking, polyfilla, and a big bag of cable ties to sort out 90% of the problems though...
Total cost, a couple of hundred quid.
Rather poor really, I wouldn't leave my customers thematic scaffolding in that state.
Problem is he can't get to that end of the park. I'm not sure if you're aware, but the Skyride is currently closed and not in operation.

He managed it a week last Thursday, and the bloody ride was closed!
Thirteen that is.
So he can't really comment on the state of the station.
And given up commenting on the state of the skyride...nearly.

I'd rather the park focuses on doing things one at a time properly, rather than Thorpe's approach of everything....poorly. It's crap, it really is, but it is unrealistic to expect 15+ years of neglect to be sorted in a season and a half.

Someone couldn't have quickly popped up a ladder with some silicone for an hour to stick some tiles back on temporarily?

Why is the Merlin Way to let things go to complete ruin when more major investments are due? I get that relaying carpets and fixing effects won't be in scope when things are due to be ripped apart soon anyway, but have some standards. It's levels of acceptablility that have led to so many problems at the park. Some things are quick fixes, but they're either being subconsciously or intentionally ignored. It's a culture of acceptance.
These day's it's probably a week of risk assessments and paperwork before you can get your silicone gun out of the van....

The ride is currently still on two trains just in case anyone was wondering.

It’s probably gone to the bottom with Spinball for me as a no point in riding. RMT is the superior kids coaster at the park.

I have to wonder - despite my previous optimism why the neglect.

It’s clear the area needs a lot of work, but all rumours point to x sector getting attention next.

I have to wonder - despite my previous optimism why the neglect.

It’s clear the area needs a lot of work, but all rumours point to x sector getting attention next.

I’m not sure X-Sector will get tons more attention other than Oblivion and some flats. X-Cite got refurbed, Smiler got cleaned and the hole got done up. I wonder if they just “tarted” X-Sector up and will move onto Forest this closed season?

I’m not sure X-Sector will get tons more attention other than Oblivion and some flats. X-Cite got refurbed, Smiler got cleaned and the hole got done up. I wonder if they just “tarted” X-Sector up and will move onto Forest this closed season?
Would suspect that if this 'new' Merlin are willing to splash out the cash as we've seen with new look Forbidden Valley and possibly a returning Ripsaw this year, it isn't unlikely that next year could see X-Sector get overhauled as part a larger project which includes maybe one or two flat rides in the area with the new look X-Cite and bit of colour around Oblivion's hole being a taste of things to come?

Dark Forest is such a mess that it requires to be part of a far bigger project than say what one flat ride could bring to an area though I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Would suspect that if this 'new' Merlin are willing to splash out the cash as we've seen with new look Forbidden Valley and possibly a returning Ripsaw this year, it isn't unlikely that next year could see X-Sector get overhauled as part a larger project which includes maybe one or two flat rides in the area with the new look X-Cite and bit of colour around Oblivion's hole being a taste of things to come?

Dark Forest is such a mess that it requires to be part of a far bigger project than say what one flat ride could bring to an area though I'm happy to be proven wrong.

You may be right but if they where saving Forest for a bigger project in the medium term why not repair the theming as it is?

I think X-Sector will get flats and I think Blivvy will get some love but I don’t think x-sector will get the full makeover but who knows.

I'd be waiting for Rita to reach end of life, which we're years away from yet. It's too young to go any time soon, but probably now too old to be sold and relocated. I don't feel Dark Forest can move on properly with it's current layout. The buildings, the launch, and the fence sit right in the middle.

Maybe something can be done for the next few years though. I'd like a flat down the bottom that you can access via the old arcade building.

I’ve heard Oblivions station requires a lot of structural work …. From a member on here who seems to know a fair bit.

Kind of logical as well - it’s not had the work Nemesis station had before this refurb so must be held together by mould in some parts

I’ve heard Oblivions station requires a lot of structural work …. From a member on here who seems to know a fair bit.

Kind of logical as well - it’s not had the work Nemesis station had before this refurb so must be held together by mould in some parts

Yes Oblivion will likely get work just not convinced the rest of X-Sector will get much other than a flat.