• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Trip Planning 2023/24: Information, advice and questions!

Hello,

Quick question. Heading to EP tomorrow and going the Basel route for the first time (I only have experience with baden baden).

Ideally I'd like to book the train transfer today to get the super saver ticket as opposed to tomorrow where only the flexisaver will be available. I'm planning on how long it'll take for me to transfer from landing to SBB. Theres a train 1 hour 5 minutes from SBB after landing - 2 people with only carry on luggage will this be possible?

Thanks!

Unfortunately there’s not a right answer to this. It depends on whether your plane is on time, where you’re sat on the plane, how quickly you can disembark, how many planes have landed around that time and where they’ve come from and thus how long the queue for passport control is, how that coordinates with what time the bus is due etc.

Personally I’d say just over an hour is tight, but you might get in early, off the plane quickly, fly through passport control and just catch the bus. That’s a lot to go right though.

If flight is on time and then you are amongst the first at passport control then possibly. But if you are near to the back of the queue at Passport control expect to be waiting an hour or more. They are not known for being quick there, at least you haven't got hold luggage to worry about, which would still be waiting to come through even after an hour wait to get through Passport control.

Worth noting that both front and rear exits are usually used, so if you are situated towards middle of plane then most likely be last off). On the plus side, busses to Basel SBB operate every 10 minutes. I'd personally factor in 2 hours

Did the Basel route this weekend and there were heavy delays due to engineering works, no idea how much is going on etc and we had to change trains rather than the direct one, but another thing to consider