• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TST Film Review Thread

*Swiftly corrects the typo*
I couldn't work out if it was genuinely hammy writting, or if it was a genuis move to reflect the terrible backstories players come up with for their chracters, which they then shoehorn in to conversation at the first oppertunity.

*Swiftly corrects the typo*
I couldn't work out if it was genuinely hammy writting, or if it was a genuis move to reflect the terrible backstories players come up with for their chracters, which they then shoehorn in to conversation at the first oppertunity.
I mean the film has a character called Jarnathan in it.

jarnathan-dungeons-and-dragons.gif

I thoroughly enjoyed Dungeons and Dragons Honour Among Thieves.

Busy week of cinema!

Started with The Fall Guy which fired the opening salvo of summer blockbuster season. Really enjoyed this, unsurprisingly given the story it's packed full of great stunts. Gosling and Blunt are both great as usual. Maybe could've knocked 20 minutes off the run time.

Followed that up with Love Lies Bleeding a really gnarly love and revenge picture from Rose Glass. Probably worth seeing just for Ed Harris' haircut, a real Terry Nutkins effort.

Yesterday had me seeing Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes, this continues the trilogy of Rise/Dawn/War set 'many generations' after that trilogy giving us a new cast of Simians to follow. Compared to the previous trilogy this one definitely feels more like it's doing heavy lifting to lead the way for more to come.

And finally this afternoon I saw Made in England: The Films of Powell and Pressburger which for someone who studied a lot of their films in university was an absolute delight. Film was basically Marty Scorsese talking about them for 2 hours. Loved it.
If you've not heard of them I'd say it's a great beginners guide. However I think their 1946 classic A Matter Of Life And Death starring David Niven is currently on the iPlayer so give that a watch.