• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2024: General Discussion

Now here is one of those strange issues thrown up by quiet days and lesser ops.
I don't hunt out queuetimes, but todays lengthiest queue, I'm pretty sure...right now.
The half hour queue to get back to the car parks.
This is why I use express, I don't think I have ever queued half an hour for the monorail, but on a quiet day midweek termtime in May, that is very poor indeed.
Have they got down to only two trains again then?

Edit, all the main coaster queues combined are roughly the same as the single monorail queue.

It was on 3 midweek a couple of weeks ago but capacity seems to have taken another hit as if there is a train at the entrance station, the one behind now waits on the straight section of track just before the entrance plaza rather than just outside the station. This means there is always a long gap between a train leaving the station and the next arriving regardless of how many trains are in use.

I suspect this change is intended to ease evacuation in the event of a breakdown as the train now waits on a section of track with an adjacent walkway, possibly the last such section before the station.

After being on park today , the monorail que has been large, its been horrific weather here since around 13.30, some very heavy rain, closed rides and excessive flowing water around the park.

Many had given up by 2.30pm and headed for the monorail then..

We took it back to the car park around midday to get our wet gear. At that stage it was running a couple of trains at well spaced intervals.

Whilst no one can stop the weather , I'm guessing that the majority of guests don't check in advance the weather or even bother to carry a rain jacket judging by how many people had absolutely no protection on today!

Skin is waterproof, tshirts dry far quicker than heavy wet coats, and I have left at least half a dozen brollies in the bushes if anyone wants to hunt one out!
Mainly around the start of the Haunted Hollow walk.
I get sweaty in coats at parks, sooner risk the wet.

Can’t tempt you with a Merlin poncho?

I have a light waterproof jacket that folds up to a very small size and has a strap to wear/carry, would highly recommended for inclement British theme parks.

Can’t tempt you with a Merlin poncho?

I have a light waterproof jacket that folds up to a very small size and has a strap to wear/carry, would highly recommended for inclement British theme parks.
I have had them and used them, but again, if the weather is warm, I'm happy in a wet t shirt.
I have a small de walt superthin fold up, with vents, but I tend to get wetter on the inside than out in the rain if I am working or walking...sweaty old git.

Went to Towers this week with work mates, to check out the reimagined Nemesis (Reborn).

The ride looks different although striking with the new track colour and other features. I especially love the new giant eye effect/ animatronics, which really enhances the area. The other area theming is fitting too, amongst the new soundtrack and station updates.

The ride was running relitively well, albeit maybe the tiniest of judders. However it was a front-row ride first thing in the day. The queue line has seen a slight but noticeable route change, but still feels fitting to the landscape.

I did Alton Manor, not once but twice. I really enjoyed and appreciated this ride so much more this time and adored the story, effects and set pieces within the ride. Can safely say it’s my favourite U.K. dark ride now.

As for the rest of the park, it’s very trial and error. I love oblivion, but it needs some updates and TLC, Smiler was a little bumpy and breakdowns were noticeable, even to my (mostly ) non ride-enthusiasts group. The lack of support rides was showing, more-so with Sky Ride and Hex (still) closed.

Numerous areas need jetwashing, repainting and replacing. 4pm is just too early to close for a park this size, even if it is low peak. Towers isn’t a bad park by any means, but there’s a number of basic things they could do to become a great one!

4pm are okay when it’s really quiet, I went a few weeks back and basically did the whole park twice, without even rushing. But when the weather is nice you don’t feel like you have time to relax much.

However I then went on a Friday with a 4pm close and it was certainly a lot busier and no way would you get everything done.

I do think 5pm should be the minimum though due to the pure size of the park.