• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

It does say on the map they released to check the app for opening times of Saw, Samurai, vortex and Quantum. I’m guessing they’ll make a decision on the day when to open those. But it will definitely be later in the day.

I guess they know 90% of people there on the Friday will be wanting to go to hyperia first anyway.

Does this one count as another Merlin typo?
Spot the mistake 👀

20240516_133756.jpg

The I is upside down

It is really good that they have done all this planning, I just hope the actual carrying out of the plan on the day is as good.
The dreaded mess of the Co op Live was the last massive UK engineering project to open in the UK wasn't it?

After being fairly prematurely negative about Forbidden Valley from the pre-opening aerial views, I am trying to learn my lesson.

But goodness, there is an awful lot of this brown colour and very little else isn’t there?

Hoping that once any planting has set in it looks better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

After being fairly prematurely negative about Forbidden Valley from the pre-opening aerial views, I am trying to learn my lesson.

But goodness, there is an awful lot of this brown colour and very little else isn’t there?

Hoping that once any planting has set in it looks better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I was there on Friday and whilst my cousins and I will be happy, lots of muddy puddles to splash about in, they really have their work cut out for them.

I was actually trying to keep the building site out of shot for these photos, so apologies.

It'll be tight but I'm sure they'll be able to pull something out of the bag very quickly. At least I hope they will.

Worst case, it opens on time and they landscape around it as much as they can until it's done.

Edited to correct typo.

Attachments

• 1000018738.jpg
    1000018738.jpg
    385 KB · Views: 39
  • 1000018734.jpg
    1000018734.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 1000018739.jpg
    1000018739.jpg
    375.7 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
How can you possibly know?
Experience in the field?
I have known very few rides where the landscaping, planting and final street furniture were not in place until the last minute.
It is how big leisure attractions go.
Absolutely normal service, typical of the industry.

And the layout isn't complete?

Surely at some point during the design of this they realised they were using the same paint code over and over?

Matte "Gold" with no texture is brown or yellow, with this being light brown.

She ain't a looker.