• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2025]: Historama Replacement - Gameplay Theater

Roland Mack has confirmed for 2025 / the 50th anniversary season next year Historama will itself become history and be replaced with a new ride.

There is still hardly any time to take a breather after all the construction work in the past few months (including the new Croatia area), says Roland Mack. The following applies: After the construction site is before the construction site.
Not only are some administrative buildings still under construction, plans are also underway for a new ride. For the park's 50th anniversary next year, there will be a new ride in the Luxembourg-themed area. The revolving theater will be dismantled. The investment sum for this will also be in the double-digit million range.

Does this mean Euro-Mir has received a one year reprieve? Or will this open for the start of the season in 2025, with Mir shutting at the same time?

I'm glad they're sorting this out, as it creeped right to the top of my personal priority list for EP. I mean, for the last few years the ride has literally just been an advert for a forthcoming waterpark that has itself already now been open a few years. They needed to do something.

Interactive shooting ride doesn't sound promising though. Presumably it'd be like Maus au Chocolat, but with each game being one of the existing scene sections in the revolving cinema? Would make sense technically, but would be a bit dull (though no duller than what's currently there).

Interactive shooting ride doesn't sound promising though. Presumably it'd be like Maus au Chocolat, but with each game being one of the existing scene sections in the revolving cinema? Would make sense technically, but would be a bit dull (though no duller than what's currently there).
I suppose it depends really on what definition of 'interactive' they are using. If they're investing in 3D props that actually react to the rider's input, akin to the old-style shooting arcade but on a ride system, that could be quite fun.

If it's all screen based or the ride doesn't actually react to the rider's interaction, like Duel (i.e. the interactivity is simply racking up a score), that would be rather dull. It would seem like a misstep to invest in attraction that would have been considered old-fashioned 10 years ago.

The quote CSLKenny posted suggested that the revolving theatre would be dismantled, and this would be a 10+ million Euro investment. That sounds like there's going to be some really big changes (either that or what they are producing requires a lot of R&D).

If the theatre is going could this also be the end of Food Loop and maybe alterations to the small Monorail too?

I’d be very surprised if the building goes. The theatre is restricted to the ground floor, so they can remove it without effecting the other adjoining components. It doesn’t make sense to demolish Food Loop and the monorail station just to fit a new ride in, since they could much more easily just locate that ride elsewhere.

Nothing will change with Food Loop. The theatre will go, and presumably the Gameplay Theatre will arrive - adding a new dark ride to the park's line-up.

I suspect Euro-Mir will close at the end of the winter season 24/25 (at the earliest) ready for a Spring 2026 opening.

2024: Voltron & Croatia, Alpenexpress, Tiroler
2025: Historama Replacement
2026: Euro-Mir

Somewhere in there will be Croatia part two... and the Silver Lake expansions... and Rulantica additions...