• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Eurovision 2024

Would be much better without Stuart Hall, of course.
Well he made it better at the time with all his laughing. But he did turn out to be a very naughty boy, so it does kind of spoil the whole it's a knockout thing unfortunately.

I also went to see Gary Glitter live three times. Even bought a t-shirt , which I have obviously had to dispose of! Although I don't think Stuart Hall is in Mr Glitters league.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Speaking of Jeux Sans Frontières , there was an attempt in 2006 to bring it back which would have had Belgium, Croatia, Spain, Greece, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovenia and Italy and competing but was pushed back several times and finally when the 2008 recession happened, it was finally killed off. Even if the show would perhaps better than Eurovision that the whole family can laugh at, its huge cost would kill it as towards the end of its original run in the 80s (not including the revival in the 1990 in which Wales competed oddly enough) is that each year they made it look look more grander in which from starting off as very much like the cheap and cheerful nature of what Its a Knockout would do to something straight out of a theme park to which it would have been impossible to keep this up and never mind any health and safety aspects that some might have a thing to say about the games.

In some ways, something similar could very well much happen with Eurovision in which as many have noted, it is far more than just singing but now a whole arena, huge sets and everything looking far more polished to the point in which you will wonder how will they be able to keep making it look far bigger and better than before as I could see, as mentioned before regarding a revival of JSF is that EBU partners with a streaming providing to help bankroll future editions for Eurovision and maybe even tempt them to bring back JSF should say a Netflix or Amazon Prime offers them a blank cheque.

All honesty, it would be nice to see if the EBU could do more than just the song contest to help create more diversity with its line-up, or rather, lack thereof.

I'll admit, I'm torn as to where to post this. First instinct was the "Surreal News" topic, but I don't want to give the impression that I think this is funny. It is Eurovision related, though.

TLDR: a gay pub is closing because some patrons objected to Eurovision being shown... erm.... because Israel.
(I'm not personally touching that with a barge pole.)