• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ride Availability/Operations 2022-24

After a few weeks of steady ops and finally bringing trains back into service, it seems like over the last week or so things are starting to go to sh!t again. The Towers lottery of operations continues - hopefully it’s just some panicked maintenance before half term and school trip season.

It's a real shame. Had such high hopes for this year. We still have free fastpasses from the opening week debacle but will be surprised if we end up going back this year.

What is the main factor behind the poor reliability? Just don't see how a park can be closed for 4+ months of the year and yet still not be running properly after 2 months of opening.

Historic poor maintenance, border difficulties getting parts and maintenance staff recruitment and retention. I believe there is work ongoing to fix all of these issues but no idea what or how it’s going.

Can anyone reasonably explain why the 4D cinema isn’t open?

This seems a glaring miss, and an easy win.

I shudder to think what the state of the building is like.

Getting a couple of cheap 15 minute 4D films must be a no brainer surely? Dare I say it with this new media company…maybe they could do a Walliams film and Henry Hound one.

Kitting it out with some 4D chairs would be a great low cost, quick upgrade. Maybe for next season

It closed to cut staffing numbers and the rumour is that the whole thing has deteriorated so much (the building is basically a tent) it would require some significant investment to re-open.

Did either of the dark forest coasters open at all today?
I know availability is all covered in the terms and conditions, but this, together with the other long term closures, is becoming a bit of a long running shitshow.

After a few weeks of steady ops and finally bringing trains back into service, it seems like over the last week or so things are starting to go to sh!t again. The Towers lottery of operations continues - hopefully it’s just some panicked maintenance before half term and school trip season.
The older the rides get, the worse it becomes.

Went to Chessington on Friday and the availability and reliability was faultless. When you are behind Chessington in this respect it’s time to make some significant changes to your operations.

Interestingly Towers currently have an advert out for trained mechanical engineers, salary £43,261 per year (plus discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday). Anyone know if that’s competitive? Google says average is £35,000 - £37,000 but no idea if that’s accurate.

Interestingly Towers currently have an advert out for trained mechanical engineers, salary £43,261 per year (plus discretionary bonus and 25 days holiday). Anyone know if that’s competitive? Google says average is £35,000 - £37,000 but no idea if that’s accurate.
Drayton Manor Park and Zoo have an advert for one too, albeit on a 0 hours contract.