• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

Colour renderings of the hotel plans have now been posted a local newspaper, The Badische Zeitung. The hotel has also been granted planning permission:

120814001-p-590_450.jpg

The Badische Zeitung said:
Europa-Park: New hotel resembles the Speicherstadt

The planning application for the new Europa-Park-Hotel on the site of the future water park in Rust is through. The construction is similar in facade design and construction of the warehouse district in Hamburg.

RUST / RING HOME. The lighthouse have the Rust already, in a few months they will be awakened facing east and a little imagination, the impression would not be far Sea and ocean. Because the Facade of the new Europa-Park hotels Eastern outskirts, which will be pushed as a link between city and water park, reminiscent in architecture and facade design (brick) of the warehouse district in Hamburg, the gateway to the world. At the public hearing of Tourism Zweckverband Ringsheim / Rust on Thursday the planning application for the sixth Europa-Park-Hotel was before. After: An impression of the exterior facade took the dozen listeners in Ruster Bürgersaal home.

The idea of building application by the Association top - Rust Mayor Kai-Achim clear - was completed in little more than five minutes. He was presented to the panel only for information. "The pace may now surprise one or two, but for months have Zweckverband, licensing authorities and Europa-Park as an investor an e brought mammoth job of creating the development plan for the 46-hectare site behind. You may assume that the planning application fully with the specifications in the development plan corresponds to the water park, "explained clear.

In the style of the warehouse district hotel for 1,200 guests arises

The entire water park project of Europa-Park with hotel and water Aktionshalle east outskirts to Rust - in the triangle of power transmission lines - is an investment volume of at least 140 000 million euro is currently the largest private projects between Karlsruhe and Basel. The planning application for the action area should be made before the summer holidays, meanwhile, lies the planning application for the hotel project since the first week of March at the district architect.

According to the plans of the Karlsruhe architecture firm Archis, which was responsible at the planning stage of the Bell Rock Hotels, the pipeline of the hotel complex is in the northwest corner of the water park area and about 40 meters east hoisted. In the style of the Hamburg Speicherstadt a hotel with 304 rooms and suites for around 1,200 guests arises. It is thus in the capacitance between the Colosseo (346 rooms) and the Bell Rock (224 rooms). The complex can include a food court with fine dining and bar, a conference area and a shop area. Simultaneously with the hotel building also called the Fountain House is created. About this fountain house water supply for the hotel as well as the pool area to be secured in the hall and outside in a first phase.

Lagoon area should generate harbor atmosphere

West of the hotel complex, which will consist of seven floors of several to interconnected individual buildings, a parking lot for hotel guests under the OHTL will occur, the over the outer ring to the road network (motorway feeder or Ritterstraße) is connected. East of the hotel is the water Aktionshalle out creates a kind of lagoon area to produce marine setting. Hotel complex and water park action area are then an iron footbridge - added here feels the viewer to Hamburg - interconnected. Also this bridge and the lagoon area and parking facility are part of the planning application. In summer 2018, the Europa-Park plans to open the hotel, a few months later to then also the attractions are opened in the water park.

Whether the centerpiece of the water park area, the great hall with many water play attractions such as surfing, rafting, wave pool, once also the Hamburg concert hall will lean structurally, was on the verge of meeting Michael Kreft of Byern, the Representative of the Europa-Park-management and communicator the project is not to learn. Kreft of Byern said: Only one thing is certain: "At a cost and construction time, we are certainly not geared to the Elbphilharmonie."

For weeks in transition are the work to create the infrastructure with connection to the sewage network and the future traffic flow for bus, car, bicycle and pedestrian

The article states that the hotel resembles the Speicherstadt warehouse district in Hamburg, so maybe we will be seeing a German theme after all?

:)

Next to the waterpark, I believe. So a fair walk from the rest of the resort.

Location/site plans can be found on the previous page in this thread!

Looks great, no doubt. But am I the only one confused by the choice of theme? Who'd want to go swimming in an industrial harbour on a river?

Yeah I know exactly what you mean! I don't look at the theme and think "oh water park"

I would imagine the water park would have its own theme and as opposed to Splash landings. They might have it as a hotel with the water park attached rather than a hotel encompassing the water park

They made it clear last year this waterpark wouldn't be themed to your typical cliché.

Reactions: Sam
Of course, the last thing the world needs is another "tropical" water park. But an industrial dockland? When I'm on the DLR, I'm not looking down at the old docks and thinking "mmm, I could just dive right in to that!" :p

A sewer theme would be preferable. No, seriously. Kids would find it hillarious. The "flush" based puns write themselves.

I think it works, you never get a run down theme in a water park (on purpose merlin) it's normally all bright and sun shining kinda thing

I still think Blizzard Beach is one of the most interesting ideas for a water park. It manages to fall into all the cliches yet blend them with white snowy ice caps.

This is why I also liked the Scandinavian Fjord idea. I'm still not ruling it out because in not completely convinced those are the Hamburg docks (Bell Rock was initially assumed to be Scottland). But if it is that's interesting too.

I still think Blizzard Beach is one of the most interesting ideas for a water park. It manages to fall into all the cliches yet blend them with white snowy ice caps.

This is why I also liked the Scandinavian Fjord idea. I'm still not ruling it out because in not completely convinced those are the Hamburg docks (Bell Rock was initially assumed to be Scottland). But if it is that's interesting too.

Quite, until we get confirmation from the park then we won't know for sure. I'm still holding out for something Scandinavian as I think that could work really well for the water park.

Reactions: Tim
Blizzard Beach is undoubtedly the best themed water park in existence. Scandinavia is a lovely part of the world which seems which as mentioned above, would make a great choice of theme.

Oddly, in Orlando, my favourite water park is Aquatica, which isn't all that themed...!

Agree, aquatica was our favourite as well. Better rides than blizzard beach and it has more animals.