• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Thorpe Park: Hyperia - Mack Hypercoaster

Even the old management weren't tight enough to use AI imagery, this would have cost naff all to do for real. Genuinely pathetic.

'Fearless Valley' sounds like it was generated by ChatGPT. Such a forgettable and meh name. It would be insulting if it wasn't for the fact that Thorpe Park is an extremely flat park, which somehow makes it funny.

The coaster itself looks incredible but I personally just wish they'd done something bolder with the theming/stylisation and branding. I suppose beggars can't be choosers though, and I'm glad the park is getting a new coaster. I feel like this is Thorpe's Air moment - so much potential but so little delivered besides the ride (except Air was actually supposed to have theming).

Last edited:
AI image creation is dirt-cheap, I can go on a website get 3 months of 'Pro' for £15 and be able to churn out 100's of images with a variety of different styles and looks. If I'm too cheap for even that, Bing has a free AI image creator. Oh and that 'website' I mentioned has an upscale and refinement system that would help remove those pesky flaws on the hands - which says everything about the effort those marketing images had put into them.

AI image creation is dirt-cheap, I can go on a website get 3 months of 'Pro' for £15 and be able to churn out 100's of images with a variety of different styles and looks. If I'm too cheap for even that, Bing has a free AI image creator. Oh and that 'website' I mentioned has an upscale and refinement system that would help remove those pesky flaws on the hands - which says everything about the effort those marketing images had put into them.
Or just put a bit more money into hiring a designer because you're a juggernaut of a company in the theme park industry and people can tell when you put absolutely zero effort into things like this by delegating a marketing person to type a few lines into a text box? If Merlin start going down the drain this hard Universal are going to look even better than they currently do.

1000069866.jpg

What are they even going for here??

And that posting technique is such a terrible decision when the first and third panel prominently feature hands, something AI is well known to struggle with.

EDIT: Annnnd it's deleted, awkward
That looks/looked awful, especially the hands.

The whole project, they’re happy with fine … and it will be “fine”. But it could and really should have been so much more

This is how I feel. It looks like a great coaster but it feels way too short and doesn't really utilise Loggers' areas as best as it could. I'm looking forward to it, but it's not worth waiting 12 years for