• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

Let's go Rippy!

One question though if they are pushing for an opening this season, what would be coming for the 2025 season then should they get this thing up ready for this season.

Could it be that 2025 see's the other two flat rides that Towers bought brought into X-Sector as part of that area's suspected overhaul we've thought that could be next after Forbidden Valley although I could see maybe that area around Galactica being all heavily rethemed to form part of a 'new' land separate from Forbidden Valley.

Let's go Rippy!

One question though if they are pushing for an opening this season, what would be coming for the 2025 season then should they get this thing up ready for this season.

Could it be that 2025 see's the other two flat rides that Towers bought brought into X-Sector as part of that area's suspected overhaul we've thought that could be next after Forbidden Valley although I could see maybe that area around Galactica being all heavily rethemed to form part of a 'new' land separate from Forbidden Valley.
This comes with a massive pinch of rumour and speculation salt but whether it's one in Dark Forest/one in X-Sector or two in X-Sector, you'd imagine they'd be much more conventional projects than this one and with both potential sites already being flat enough for rides they could quite easily get two put in over winter - if that is indeed the plan.

If (and it's a bit one) the park wants to install three flat rides prior to opening day next year, it would make sense that this project would be the one they'd see as being most susceptible to being delayed due to weather if left it until winter.

Last edited:
Let's go Rippy!

Absolutely, X-Sector is barren this year, here’s to hoping 2025 is X-Sectors year for new flats!

Merlin have definitely got the fear.
Fear of what? I swear to goose if you say Universal, you're getting thrown in the lake.

Universal's intention for a UK development was only announced in December 2023 and even then it's still not completely confirmed, or on the cards. These investments are a few years in the making. They cannot be reactionary.

Fear of what? I swear to goose if you say Universal, you're getting thrown in the lake.

Universal's intention for a UK development was only announced in December 2023 and even then it's still not completely confirmed, or on the cards. These investments are a few years in the making. They cannot be reactionary.
The only thing they’ll be reacting to is their own past mistakes.

It’ll be great to see this up, Hex open etc but they’ve really got so much work ahead of them just to get back to where they were in the past. Still plenty of cause for optimism though.

Nemesis
Hex
Ripsaw returns

All in the same season.

Merlin have definitely got the fear.

Although I’d argue Ripsaw for Summer and Hex for Autumn would be a better fit.

Makes you wonder what awaits for 2025 if anything. A Galactica retheme and a flat in X Sector would be a steady year with Horizon for 2026

We also got Sub Terra back last year too, so again not a new ride.

And the rumour is the deal with Huss is for three rides. Enterprise 2 anyone?

Stupid question but why not put ripsaw back where it was originally than build a new “building” for it?

The likelihood is this is a suspended model, with riders sitting back to back.

If you place that in the same place as Ripsaw then half the riders are just facing the trees.

If they rotate it 90 degrees then everyone has a ‘view’ and the interaction with non riders is for everyone and not just one half.

If they rotate it 90 degrees then everyone has a ‘view’ and the interaction with non riders is for everyone and not just one half.
I'm really glad they're doing this, I've only had 1 ride on Talocan and we got seated on the back which I think really detracted from the experience because you're staring at the wall most of the time and missing out on all of the effects.

I hope Project Ocean does have fountains (plus other effects maybe?). Topspins without them just feel less exciting, for both riders and non-riders.

I'd imagine that having rows facing in both directions is definitely the reason why the location initially looked so bizzare in the middle of a pathway, and why an underpass has to be engineered into the design. Was never a problem with Ripsaw as it only faced outwards.

Ripsaw was a popular spectator ride and drew large crowds of bystanders and bag holders on sunny days as it looked quite extreme and there was something comical about seeing people being hosed in the face. With the queue line being located out of the way of the main path, and higher ground on the Nemesis side in which to view, this could be quite a central spectacle.

I hope that something interesting to watch is installed in X Sector. Back in the Enterprise and Engeriser/Submission days there was quite a nice hub down the bottom X Sector. You could grab a drink or snack from Rehydrator and sit by the Oblivion hole or on the rocks or a bench by the flats watching others in your party ride. Not the over congested steep pathway leading to the Smiler and Oblivion queue entrances that it is now.

In light of the planning permission being granted, and the leaks contained within in it, when do we think the official Towers comms and promos will start kicking in?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm confused about the wording of the original proposal... a ride placed on top of a concrete structure, 18m overall height.

Ripsaw was apparently roughly 18m itself, so how does that work if Ocean is supposed to be another Huss Topspin?

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I'm confused about the wording of the original proposal... a ride placed on top of a concrete structure, 18m overall height.

Ripsaw was apparently roughly 18m itself, so how does that work if Ocean is supposed to be another Huss Topspin?
I think the newer models have different dimensions