• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[202X] Project Ocean: New Forbidden Valley Flat Ride

Well they're not hanging around, plenty of work taking place on the Project Ocean site:

It will be intriguing to see whether this does open later this year or at the start of next season. My gut tells me that they're just getting ahead of the game ready for next season, but who knows!

Jeez, give Bianca her credit in wanting to get the park's flat ride issue sorted ASAP. Name me a time in which any leadership in the park would have been wanting to do this?

Of we get a returning Ripsaw opening this year and dare I say maybe one or two flat rides added for 2025 then would we consider the park's flat ride issue solved or how many flats should the park have?

Jeez, give Bianca her credit in wanting to get the park's flat ride issue sorted ASAP. Name me a time in which any leadership in the park would have been wanting to do this?

Of we get a returning Ripsaw opening this year and dare I say maybe one or two flat rides added for 2025 then would we consider the park's flat ride issue solved or how many flats should the park have?

Honestly I think it needs about 5 additional big flats (2 thrill, 3 family thrill with one being a blade replacement). And around 6-7 small flats for family.

But I agree we haven’t seen a major flat investment at Merlin parks since Thorpe installed three in one year.

Realistically the bare minimum flats they need in addition to the topspin are two in X Sector and One in Dark Forest. It is rumoured they have a three ride deal with Huss which is quite believable given they worked with them before and they make quality flat rides.

Well if the 15 week construction period hadn't already started with putting the fences up, they can't pretend it hasn't now.

So, if this 15 weeks is all in one go, we're looking at completion by the second or third week in August.
As impressive as this build time is, I'm kind of hoping that it opens for the new season. It just gives them time to properly iron things out and get things all ready and not all rush rush rush and last minute kind of stuff.

As impressive as this build time is, I'm kind of hoping that it opens for the new season. It just gives them time to properly iron things out and get things all ready and not all rush rush rush and last minute kind of stuff.

I don’t think there is that much to do. Flat rides are constructed off site so they take a couple of days to build on site. The theming I doubt will be elaborate. Mostly just decals and signage over the concrete base.

So the whole build is the concrete platform.

I don’t think there is that much to do. Flat rides are constructed off site so they take a couple of days to build on site. The theming I doubt will be elaborate. Mostly just decals and signage over the concrete base.

So the whole build is the concrete platform.

15 weeks is realistic then.

Do we think we will see some more groundwork’s later this year if other flats are coming.

Would be nice if they added something indoors or covered, though not sure what that could be.
I would love to see an experience like sub terror and hex in the x sector something themed to the ministry of joy, they could use the xcite building site as games bunker isnt far and build some ministry of joy facility, I really like sub terror and think these style of rides help theme the area are not too big and are just fun

I would love to see an experience like sub terror and hex in the x sector something themed to the ministry of joy, they could use the xcite building site as games bunker isnt far and build some ministry of joy facility, I really like sub terror and think these style of rides help theme the area are not too big and are just fun

Yeah. I’m personally not a fan of flats that just involve relentless spinning so tend to avoid a lot of them, prefer dropping/swinging plus some creativity.

15 weeks is realistic then.

Do we think we will see some more groundwork’s later this year if other flats are coming.
Post-season I'd guess. The areas where they're rumoured to be going have already been flat enough to have rides on in the past year, so I can't see a level of groundwork that could need doing where they'd need to start with the park still open.

There spending the 50mill very wise in FV
I wonder what there theming around ocean will be like...
Ide like to see red fountains if that's even possible in the space it's set in

Sorry if I’ve missed this in the thread already but do we know if there are any plans on how the concrete block will look once complete. I’m really hoping for some elaborate rock work to fit in with the rest of the valley like what we’ve seen at EP with AlpenExpress?

We all know towers track record with concrete tunnels and I really hope the costs don’t spiral out of control and we end up with an air tunnel situation again!