• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

A thought...

Scott

Former TS Team Member
Favourite Ride
Nemesis
Basically everybody here was a member on TTF, who all loved the site and visited near enough every day...

We've all moved here because we want to see this new venture grow and I know these things take time but eventually the site will presumably have a website which will need to then (presumably) be filled with content. Content that will take a *very* long time to build up.

I wondered that if the site decides to build up a bulk of information and features about Towers, whether it could be formed and drafted through some sort of community initiative (i.e. a Wiki format)? I have no idea if and how it would work but it would allow everyone here the opportunity to do a little something to help TS grow?

mrbrightside said:
Basically everybody here was a member on TTF, who all loved the site and visited near enough every day...

We've all moved here because we want to see this new venture grow and I know these things take time but eventually the site will presumably have a website which will need to then (presumably) be filled with content. Content that will take a *very* long time to build up.

I wondered that if the site decides to build up a bulk of information and features about Towers, whether it could be formed and drafted through some sort of community initiative (i.e. a Wiki format)? I have no idea if and how it would work but it would allow everyone here the opportunity to do a little something to help TS grow?

This would be a very good idea. If not a wiki then perhaps a modifiable type site that can be accessed by members on here and edited/new content added. Select users on here could then be made "moderators" that kept track of the content and removed stuff that was badly worded/wrong. :)

A wiki is an idea that we will put to the discussion, however personally my issue with Wiki's is that people start to distrust your information because anyone can edit it. I know when i was at uni the single mantra was "never trust a wiki". It also leaves the site open to naughty people doing naughty things with content unless you restrict which members can edit the wiki which then ends up with you forming a "team" by default.

I imagine however that the wiki concept we used to have will return :)

Though we have quite a lot of content from past work so don't panic about content.

Yeah, I understand how people distrust information on a Wiki. As I wasn't sure how much information and content you guys already had, something like a Wiki could be used as a way of submitting site content - which could then be edited and finalised by the team - to save y'all having to write everything.

Like I said, t'was just an idea - I have no idea how practical or useful it would be :)

mrbrightside said:
Yeah, I understand how people distrust information on a Wiki. As I wasn't sure how much information and content you guys already had, something like a Wiki could be used as a way of submitting site content - which could then be edited and finalised by the team - to save y'all having to write everything.

Like I said, t'was just an idea - I have no idea how practical or useful it would be :)

I think thats a great idea, having a Wiki that is permanent thing should be a must but a temporary one for people so submit info, media, articles, pictures, audio, text that could be looked at and put into the main site is a fantastic idea.

Takes the strain off others, everyone can contribute and we could hopefully make a better site!