• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Ferrari World - Abu Dhabi - 3 New Coasters incl. SFX Coaster

It could well have been how the camera was mounted for the POV, I've not yet heard anything about it being rough from those that have ridden it.

:)

Am I right in thinking this is the same track design of the vertical accelerator in Ferrari Land at PortAventura?

It uses Intamin's newer spine track yes. Also the same as I305 and Skyrush, two of the best coasters in the world!

DubaiDave on TPR/CF has reported that the SFX coaster is having some problems and almost definitely not going to be opening this year. The owners are quite concerned about it being such a new concept, so they're keeping it quiet for now but the shuttle coaster should be ready sometime later this year

DubaiDave on TPR/CF has reported that the SFX coaster is having some problems and almost definitely not going to be opening this year. The owners are quite concerned about it being such a new concept, so they're keeping it quiet for now but the shuttle coaster should be ready sometime later this year

Uh oh. That's not the kind of investment you want to be having big trouble with.

Some disappointing news from Screamscape regarding Flying Aces. The over the head lap bars are being replaced with over the shoulder restraints (similar to those found on Rita, unsure as to whether they will have the extra padding a la I305 and Kanonen).

Intamin everyone!

It might not be Intamin's fault. The park could have requested them. It's a shame anyway and it seems odd seeing that there are a number of other coasters operating fine with those exact same restraints.

I thought that and it is probably more likely that the park made the request, but I still like the idea of adding this to the list of things Intamin have had to go back and 'correct'! :p

Quite the opposite, it's thought that it is to do with people being thrown around too much on some of the fast transitions.

I'd expect vest style restraints like Intimidator 305's. Apparently they solve the neck chopping issue.

I have been to the park today and Flying Aces has not had it restraints changed, it still uses the original lap restraints it opened with. The ride is absolutely fantastic. As sky rush is meant to be even better I would like to get on that some day. Also the queue line theming is too notch and up there with some of the highly themed queues at Disney & Universal.

Formula Rossa is insane, the speed is incredible, amazing Launch especially on the front row, and despite some trims on the first hill it maintains insane speed through the whole layout, plus some good airtime on the hills

The SFX coaster still looks some way off being ready, they were working on it though and through one of the holes in the building could see theming is in place and also a train with a clearance envelop attached to it sat on part of the track. i would expect it to open on early 2018.

Reactions: Rob
Good news. Mission Ferrari (Dynamic Attractions SFX Coaster) is apparently finally due to open in May 2018!

EDIT: Sorry for bumping the thread!

Interested to ride it, I was there in Dec 2015 and they were actively working on it but the 'outdoor' section was done and seemingly remains unchanged.

I don't know when it was scheduled to open previously, or if it's ever had a date pencilled in. I wondered if at one point it was going to be the next Orphan Rocker!

Good news. Mission Ferrari (Dynamic Attractions SFX Coaster) is apparently finally due to open in May 2018!

EDIT: Sorry for bumping the thread!

Finally! They’ve been building it for years. The piece of track that’s visible to the public has been there since 2016 if not earlier.

Sorry to bump the thread, but I have exciting news about Mission Ferrari... according to Screamscape, testing may have begun! Here's what Lance had to say on the matter:
Screamscape said:
2018 - Mission Ferrari (SFX Coaster) - (8/29/18) Good news for the Ferrari World theme park, as it looks as if the long-in-development Mission Ferrari SFX coaster project is now being tested. Photos of the exposed section of track visible in the park now show wheel markings that would normally indicate some kind of early testing is taking place, though likely after hours and well out of sight of the park guests. Follow the link to see some of the latest photos of the ride and entrance area taken last week. Still no word from the park on an official opening date just yet.
Exciting times! Could an opening be imminent?
P.S. Here's the Screamscape link: http://www.screamscape.com/html/ferrari_world.htm

and the Theme Park Guide link with the pictures on it: https://www.themeparkguide.biz/news-page/1489/Ferrari-World-Mission-Ferrari