• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

IAAPA 2013

CGM said:

From the above lol:

Ride operators and promoters engaged in incredible levels of exaggeration regarding the speed and dimensions of the ride. For example, one individual made the absurd claim that the centrifugal railway reached a "terrific speed...[of] more than one hundred and fifty miles per hour"[1] (By comparison, this is the approximate speed Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster, currently reaches).

Now, what does that remind me of...?

TheMan said:
CGM said:

From the above lol:

Ride operators and promoters engaged in incredible levels of exaggeration regarding the speed and dimensions of the ride. For example, one individual made the absurd claim that the centrifugal railway reached a "terrific speed...[of] more than one hundred and fifty miles per hour"[1] (By comparison, this is the approximate speed Formula Rossa, the world's fastest roller coaster, currently reaches).

Now, what does that remind me of...?

Well, at least Towers learnt one lesson from the Victorians!

Just a shame it wasn't their reliable building techniques.

Kumbak have got a replacement Vekoma SLC row on display. These are for 'Arkham Asylum - Shock Therapy' (apt, considering Kumbak are sorting it out with new trains) at Warner Bros. Movie World in Australia:

BZh0i-MIEAALWyf.jpg:large

Photo from TPR's Twitter.

And they've also uploaded another shot of the Goliath front car:

BZh73w_IUAAmPOX.jpg:large

TPR have just popped a link on Twitter to a video being shown at the S&S booth showing their next 4D coaster being tested at their factory. Who needs B&M? ;)

Gravity Group have unveiled a new family woodie that they'll be building at Story Land next season. Here's pictures from TPR picture of the trains for this new ride:

BZiHgjwIgAAzIQd.jpg:large

Source.

1453243_10152055219658566_1261622252_n.jpg

Source.

Those are Gravity Group's Timberliner trains. They've always had those restraints. :)

Timberliner-Postcard-front.jpg

Timberliner-Postcard-back.jpg

According to people who've tried both those and GCI's Millennium Flyers, the Millennium Flyer restraints are far superior, though it looks like these can feature more theming at the front.

Those trains are used on Twister at Gröna Lund and on Wooden Warrior at Quassy Amusement Park. Holiday World keep meaning to swap the trains on the Voyage for them, but I don't know what's going on there. :p

voyage_timberliner.jpg

BigAl said:
TPR have just popped a link on Twitter to a video being shown at the S&S booth showing their next 4D coaster being tested at their factory. Who needs B&M? ;)

That looks more like the Intamin ZacSpin - looking at the ride vehicle and track style, I wonder if it'll be able to make tight turns?

Ah, cheers. I guess I'd never really noticed the restraints before, having never been on one of those trains. They look really out of place on a woody. :/

Amazing stuff coming from Grav Group...

1426151_10152053278958566_329452956_n.jpg

TPR said:
Martin & Vlemincks have announced FOUR new @thegravitygroup designed woodies for China! 3 in 2014, 1 in 2015!

1456513_10152053327798566_935099332_n.jpg

TPR said:
Mapping out the four new Gravity Group / MVR wood coasters in China!

Four major new commissions in one country, madness. I really hope the increasing demand for high quality woodies in the Far East doesn't mean that less can be built in Europe/US...

We've finally got a picture from TPR of a layout to put with the previous images of the new S&S 4D:

575364_10152055726568566_1077297139_n.jpg

It's very much the S&S version of a ZacSpin by the looks of things. Could be quite an interesting product and one that small to medium parks should be eyeing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Going back a page, someone decided "Oh we need new trains for our SLC", and they went to Kumbak?!

Stupid Australians...