• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Legoland Windsor

Looking through the opening hours, they close at 5:00pm every day for the rest of the season, even in July and August.

Does anyone know, is this more of a case of advertising early closes but in reality, it’ll get extended every day, or are they actually closing at 5 even when busy?

I'd guess it's an error and they'll be amended nearer the time. The advance options on the Merlin sites tend to be.... wrong. AT Water Park was listed as closed for weeks just before it was opening again.

Not that Legoland ever stays open later than 6pm that i'm aware of.

Can't see the fireworks in the list if events this year again at Legoland. Not on last year for some unknown reason and looks the same again this year.

Also they have Brick or Treat running from 27th September to 3rd November, which seems quite a long time for that event.

I do not understand why the parks seem to have lowered the number of available eateries (as well as the general quality).

The one in the castle always smelt so good.
I think you may have inadvertently hit the nail on the head there. "It smelt so good" would suggest that you never actually ate there, if people don't use outlets/services enough they will, unfortunately, close.

Though the inverse appears to be true for every Pizza & Pasta in existence.

I think you may have inadvertently hit the nail on the head there. "It smelt so good" would suggest that you never actually ate there, if people don't use outlets/services enough they will, unfortunately, close.

Though the inverse appears to be true for every Pizza & Pasta in existence.

I'd probably say it suffered more by being at the same location as the ride most people would've hit up first thing rather than middle of the day.

Can't remember if I ever ate there mind. Been a long time since I visited.

I'd probably say it suffered more by being at the same location as the ride most people would've hit up first thing rather than middle of the day.

Do most people head to The Dragon first?

Sky Lion typically has the longest line in the morning, Dragon doesn’t tend to get busy till later when I’ve been.

Yep dragon is alwalys quiet first thing, everyone heads to skylion and now mini figure speedway.

Talking of mini figure speedway, had my first 4 goes on it yesterday, 2 on each side. Got some force to it for a family coaster, even got yeeted out my seat at one point. Great coaster for legoland and a queue eater

You're thinking like an enthusiast ;)

Most guests at the park don't head straight for the headline ride. Those that arrive early and want to make the most of their day will. But that's a surprisingly small number. The majority turn up at about 11am, meander their way into the park and maybe find the Dragon partway through their day. Actually at the perfect time for lunch

Actually I think the reason it's not as busy is because it's so hidden away at the back of the park. Unless you ride the Dragon their's a high chance you wouldn't know it is there.

The park is getting a complete overhaul of its park entrance just looked through the plans and it looks brilliant, possibly the best legoland park entrance!!. It will be known as ‘brick street’ and will be more of a plaza as the turnstiles will be at the other end past the big shop.

At the entrance is the security entrance points to get into the plaza.

Looks really positive let’s hope Thorpe/ towers gets this treatment soon!!

Link to attraction source
https://www.attractionsource.com/2...f_FrMkkC8bKD6BotU2rd2TeuqbWSUiVbYDr7ZMxLLHFKH

So in summary, they're making the park slightly smaller. Got it.

Wonder if they're trying to improve retail sales by putting the shop outside the park so you can buy a whole bunch of lego without having to pay for park entry.

It also seems guest services will become a F&B outlet with all guest services going into what is now the RAP building.

I guess by having F&B there is might also be used for the new lodges and have that open in the evening, especially with the golf now open.

I guess by having F&B there is might also be used for the new lodges and have that open in the evening, especially with the golf now open.
Essentially yes, that is the long term plan. The begging becomes LEGOLAND's version of Disney Village or City Walk. Both servicing the new lodges out of hours/season and opening the big shop to everyone (which surprisingly there is a demand for). Attraction Source mentioned that earlier plans showed more buildings for other shops and activities as well. Although they don't seem to be going in now the new layout opens up room for their inclusion.

Although I'm surprised the security checkpoints have stayed roughly in their current location, as moving them even further away could open up even more room (such as where the old dog kennels are). Still, replacing them with permanent structures is long overdue. I just hope they install a permanent queue as well, to avoide all the permanent barriers.

Nice to see the welcome sign return (it was removed to make way for the new car park layout at the end of last year.

One assumes there will be an entrance into the new Guest Services from the other side of the new ticket barriers, rather than having to come out to get into Guest Services.

Definitely a big welcoming move. That existing entrance area has felt outdated and not fit for purpose in recent years, with several areas looking obsolete.

Hopefully the new models and areas will make it look more striking and iconic, compared to how the area used to be. The changing of entry certainly looks to encourage non-ticket holders in and to cater for the nearby accommodation.

Just need other uk parks to follow suite now ideally.

One assumes there will be an entrance into the new Guest Services from the other side of the new ticket barriers, rather than having to come out to get into Guest Services.
I thought this too, but on closer inspection the guest service entrance on the park side is listed as a VIP room. Seems to be a special entrance that bypasses the turnstiles.

I do wonder though if another Guest Services building closer to the centre of the park would be a better idea? After all that's where most the people are.

Apparently the Costa in duplo village has been changed to an Amazon Go-like system where you scan your payment card on entry and cameras pick up your purchases.

I admire their courage in putting something like that in, but… surely there was somewhere better in the Merlin estate to put this in than Legoland? There’s reports of overcharging on the various Facebook groups already.

Last edited:
Apparently the Costa in duplo village has been changed to an Amazon Go-like system where you scan your payment card on entry and cameras pick up your purchases.

I admire their courage in putting something like that in, but… surely there was somewhere better in the Merlin estate to put this in than Legoland? There’s reports of overcharging on the various Facebook groups already.
Seen plenty of people who don’t grasp the concept of how pre-auths work too.

Still having £25 held is frustrating if your bank and/or Merlin are slack at removing the auth for the actual charge.