• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Nemesis Reborn: General Discussion

Fully agree. I also find it to be more forceful than it was before. My feet tingle through 90% of the ride now and I don't remember it being like that previously.

This is the bestest news ever. It was clear they were going to be coming back as the pipes that went over the queue line under the lift hill which is now the fastback queue were replaced at the start of the season, but you still always have doubts in your mind.
I came off a bit lightheaded on the brake run and that's never happened before on Nemesis for me. A similar feeling after the first half of the Smiler.

I came off a bit lightheaded on the brake run and that's never happened before on Nemesis for me. A similar feeling after the first half of the Smiler.
My friend and I were saying it would even give Douglas Bader a run for his money.
Douglas was a WW2 fighter pilot who was a double amputee, and had a specially adapted spitfire that could be flown without foot controls for the rudder.
His lack of lower legs meant that he was capable of executing tighter manoeuvres, that would cause other pilots to black out from the g-forces.
As Douglas had no lower legs, his blood had nowhere to go, so it was no problem for him.
Though there are many jokes about the blood having to go somewhere, and him using the wrong stick...

It’s certainly more intense than it used to be. It carries more force around the helix, into and out of the loop and through the first corkscrew.

It does seem to be running “better” than it was Sunday than it has been in terms of the rattle compared to the previous weeks I have ridden it. More running in and it will likely improve more I would suggest.

I’ve also noticed that the first rides in the morning seem to carry more speed and force than they used to. Could we see them change the wheel compound soon to tame it down a bit?

My friend and I were saying it would even give Douglas Bader a run for his money.
Douglas was a WW2 fighter pilot who was a double amputee, and had a specially adapted spitfire that could be flown without foot controls for the rudder.
His lack of lower legs meant that he was capable of executing tighter manoeuvres, that would cause other pilots to black out from the g-forces.
As Douglas had no lower legs, his blood had nowhere to go, so it was no problem for him.
Though there are many jokes about the blood having to go somewhere, and him using the wrong stick...
I've now got that Horrible Histories song going round in my head! I won't post it here but search for 'Horrible Histories - RAF Pilots Song' on YouTube.

I agree about Nemesis though, it is definitely more intense than the original was towards the end of its life. Most notably on the helix. Always got the feet tingle on that years ago but in the last few years virtually nothing. But now it's back...with a vengeance (sorry).

Managed a finally get back on Nemmy today, once in the morning and once this afternoon. .

Incredible as ever. . In the afternoon manages to bag row 8 aswell 👌👌

Didn't notice much difference in pacing morning vs afternoon and it's been a warm day. . Not a bad thing though.

Definitely making some weird noises in places I never noticed before. . .but is that just because the nemesis roar used to mask them possibly . . ? She is definitely quieter now.

Morning ride was train 1 afternoon ride was train 2 . . .both have the rattle coming into the final corner and into the brakes. . So is it the track what's the issue in that section? 🤔

Last edited:
Definitely making some weird noises in places I never noticed before. . .but is that just because the nemesis roar used to mask them possibly . . ? She is definitely quieter now.
I think this may be part of it. I watched the attraction source side-by side POVs and didn't realize that the audio was swapping between the two rather than just being Reborns audio. Watching the separate POVs confirmed; Old Nemesis made the same sounds, but either a bit quieter (probably due to 30 yrs of running) or more obscured by the louder hollow track roar.

I think this may be part of it. I watched the attraction source side-by side POVs and didn't realize that the audio was swapping between the two rather than just being Reborns audio. Watching the separate POVs confirmed; Old Nemesis made the same sounds, but either a bit quieter (probably due to 30 yrs of running) or more obscured by the louder hollow track roar.
So...the revelation is that B&M coasters from even in the day always had a rattle but the roar always muffled it and only now thanks to the sand filled now making that rattle sound more exposed than ever.

Huh, guess you learn something everyday.

How we experience and enjoy rides is clearly subjective and a matter of personal perspective, but let's not get too carried away here.

If we're using a POV to come to the conclusion that the new rattle was somehow present in its current form on old Nemesis, then surely the same can be applied to the intensity? A side by side clearly shows almost no difference in speed, if anything the older version reaches the brakes fractionally faster, on a layout where the profiles are identical. So therefore it can't really be possible to say that it's "definitely more intense" than it was before. Some may perceive it is so for various reasons. Granted I haven't ridden it in a few weeks, but the first half felt almost identical to how it did before, only quieter and without slight jolts. I'm willing to bet that the forces, were they to be measured, are almost identical to how they've always been.

I've ridden Nemesis more than any coaster on park, multiple times per season, almost every year for 28 years. I'm not deaf, and am perfectly capable of hearing rattling noises occurring just a foot above my head, roar or not, especially on one of the quieter parts of the layout. The rattling of the new version was not like that before. You would hear some, the odd knock and rattle here and there, but not like that and definitely no light vibrations of that nature. It's perfectly plausible that it may have improved in the month since I last rode it, but the louder sound on the running rails did not mask something that was simply not there before.

This might be a slightly controversial view, but I actually thought that Nemesis Reborn felt a little bit faster than the original. In particular, it really seemed to fly through some of the bits that were sometimes slower moments on the original, such as the two overbanks.

In terms of the rattle, I didn’t think it was notable enough to affect enjoyment for me. I honestly found Reborn no more rattly than some rides I had on the original. My key smoothness pet peeve with the original was how it sometimes had a tendency to bash your head a bit through some of the inversions, and seeing as Reborn seems to have solved this aspect, I’d say that I found it smoother. At very least, I found Reborn to have less roughness affecting enjoyment than the original did for me.

Likewise, probably a lot of rose tinted memory in effect here... It's pointless to try to compare something like this with an at least 1.5 year old memory.
Plus there'll be 'hypersensitivity' at play (if that's the right term). People are looking for differences now, so the brain magnifies anything they perceive. It's natural.

Obviously video says nothing for the physical sensations (which again, comparing the new build to one with 30 years of running in seems a bit pointless at this stage) but direct recorded comparative evidence of sound is pretty indisputable.

The only present direct comparison we can do and have, is that one of the trains is a bit shakier than the other. That'll likely get fixed even if it needs to wait till closed season for overhaul.

Last edited:
Maybe the vibration is supposed to be there. Perhaps it’s the nemesis beast groaning and shaking trying to escape from the track pining it down.

By the way, with Wicker Man being called Big Bob shouldn’t the nemesis beast have a name too? Ernie? Big Ern?

Maybe the vibration is supposed to be there. Perhaps it’s the nemesis beast groaning and shaking trying to escape from the track pining it down.

By the way, with Wicker Man being called Big Bob shouldn’t the nemesis beast have a name too? Ernie? Big Ern?

I guess it does, if you listen to the radio chatter from SB-IFT... it's "The Nemesis"