• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Tapatalk Numbering Bug

Shaggy_Dog_

TS Member
Hope this isn’t a silly question but I’m just wondering what is the three digit numbering convention that some people are using in this thread to list their top 10s (as opposed to just numbering their list 1-10)?

Hope this isn’t a silly question but I’m just wondering what is the three digit numbering convention that some people are using in this thread to list their top 10s (as opposed to just numbering their list 1-10)?
What do you mean, out of interest?

What do you mean, out of interest?

Well this is strange. I’m reading these forums via the Tapatalk app on IOS and it seems to bizarrely be changing the numbering system used. If you look at the post Burbs made it shows it for me like this:

8af045de61dd27fd7344475770c428c9.jpg

And that’s the way a lot of other posts appear with that kind of numbering on these lists threads. Yet when I’ve just checked on the normal web browser version of this site it just shows it as listed 1-10. Must be yet another weird Tapatalk bug or quirk. I thought everyone was using some different kind of ranking numbering that I didn’t know about!

Last edited:
Yeah I’d guess that’s some sort of Tapatalk bug with it not closing the ordered list at the end of each post and maintaining a continual running list, or some such weirdness. I’m guessing if you go to the first post on a page it begins with number 1 and then keeps ascending from there?
  1. This is 1 but is it showing 148?
  2. This is 2 but is it showing 149?
  3. This is 3 but is it showing 150?
An amusing little quirk, either way! 😂😂

Last edited:
And now because @Joel has split these posts into their own thread my little test is broken!

Rude.
  1. Is this number 4
  2. Is this number 5
  3. Is this number 6
  4. Is this number 7

Yes it does unfortunately continue the numbering between posts in Tapatalk.

IMG_0520.jpeg

Sadly this is an issue outside of our control and appears to be a bug in the Tapatalk rendering of numbered lists.

I’ll see if I can report it to Tapatalk for investigation, however we also only use the free service so I’m not hopeful 😂

As always, I would advise using the native site as we have full control of it, and not use Tapatalk to view the site.

Thanks.

Well this is strange. I’m reading these forums via the Tapatalk app on IOS and it seems to bizarrely be changing the numbering system used. If you look at the post Burbs made it shows it for me like this:

8af045de61dd27fd7344475770c428c9.jpg

And that’s the way a lot of other posts appear with that kind of numbering on these lists threads. Yet when I’ve just checked on the normal web browser version of this site it just shows it as listed 1-10. Must be yet another weird Tapatalk bug or quirk. I thought everyone was using some different kind of ranking numbering that I didn’t know about!
Iron Gwazi is actually just my number 128.