• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

UK politics general discussion

Independence was rejected in 2014. Most SNP actions since then have been to try and build a case for another referendum.

2014 was a very long time ago. And one of the main pros of not leaving the Union went up in smoke 2 years later.

79c4942e-db3f-42a2-b603-ff420328f202.jpg

Rishi, soaked through, almost drowned out by D:Reams 'Things Can Only Get Better', setting the next general election for the 4th of July 2024.

No bowing out gracefully, just more mud-slinging and 'I am the holy god emperor of finance and furlough' bluster. I can't vote to influence it (N.I.), but I'm glad to know it's almost guaranteed they're done for. The early days of Brexit got me into UK politics and I remember dreading a 10-year Boris rule at one point!
Do your thing, voting public! 🤞

Edit: ffs, remembered this will cause an upheaval here in NI. Cross your fingers for us in this chaotic little statelet lol

It is mental and inexplicable that Lib Dems aren't anywhere. I cant remeber when so many people did not want a Labour or Conservative government, but the non-mental alternative is asleep somewhere.

It is mental and inexplicable that Lib Dems aren't anywhere. I cant remeber when so many people did not want a Labour or Conservative government, but the non-mental alternative is asleep somewhere.
I can, 2010. Ah Nick... Yeah, sorry about him. I don't have a great track record.

You can vote to ensure that the DUP isn't around to prop anyone up though. Northern Ireland has been rather important and influential in British politics recently.
Oh I'm an 8am voter every time, don't worry! I was caught up in Rishi being a drowned rat and then remembered it impacts here too haha. The DUP are in very murky water at the moment given the recent charges brought against Jeffers Donaldson, but the DUP voting public are...just something else entirely. I somewhat tapped out of NI politics because it's a merry-go-round of nonsense 80% of the time and also the whole no government for 2 years thing. I actually don't know any DUP voters anymore outside of a group of older lesbians who have basically sworn forever loyalty to them based on some help they got from their local MLA. The merry-go-round will continue to twirl.

Really odd decision by Sunak but it's fairly on brand for him. Tories are stuffed whatever month the election is but I would have thought and Autumn election would be preferable.