• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Universal Epic Universe - New Florida Theme Park

Where’s that fantastic beasts sequel again?

Off topic but, she’s now at the holocaust denial stage when it comes to her TERF tweets. At her current trajectory she’s going to be getting to the point of being financial poison pretty soon

It’s a shame, but it is what it is. I’ll be very surprised if the land ever gets built to its original spec. On a ride system point, has it ever actually been clarified what the Ministry attraction will be ? I’ve heard “elevator experience” which is giveng me CatCF flashbacks

Fantastic beasts flopped but that was mostly down to bad writing.

The reputation of the series has taken a hit with TERF Rowling but billions are being invested in a TV adaptation and it’s still big money.

The ministry of magic ride is heavily rumoured to feature an undated version of the spiderman/transformers ride system however this time will be able to rise up and down as well as all the other motions. The cars won’t look like Spider-Man’s/transformeds and will look like the lifts they travel around in at the ministry. With the up and down motion of the cars helping the illusion of going up and down in a lift.

The storyline is expected to be based around Dolores Umbridg. It will start at her trial for crimes committed. She will escaped and the ride will then be travelling through the ministry I assume chasing after/trying ti catch her mixed with the chaos of her escape. Expected to have all sorts of practical effects inc animatronic creatures which we will encounter during the ride. It’s also expected to be much like the Jurassic world adventure ride they built in Beijing using more physical sets with screens acting as support/background rather than the other way round.

And yet other rumours point towards it being Forbidden Journey's ride system on steroids.

Rumours, rumours, rumours. :eek:

Can't wait to ride this next year. We've been putting our family Florida holiday off for so long that we decided to just wait to 2025 now to experience this new park.

Will be busy I'm sure all year but given we will be visiting in the first two weeks of US schools returning from their very long summer break hopefully we will be able to get in plenty of rides on this beaut.

Wait.....they are announcing HTTYD? I thought every man and his dog already knew about it.

Wait.....they are announcing HTTYD? I thought every man and his dog already knew about it.
There has been very little officially from Universal about the lands, so those following theme park news sites will know what to expect, but not most people. Especially the specifics of the ride types are only known to those following aerial photography and those who analyse it.

Case in point, I was watching that video with my fiancée and her first reaction was 'hold on, where's that going, are they building a whole new Theme Park?'
And that's from someone who constantly has to listen to me talking about this park.

Epic Universe isn't mainstream yet. Everything that is being officially announced now is being aimed at people planning ahead for their 2025 holiday. We only know so much because it takes a long time to build a park from scratch, and it's not something you can hide from those who want to know.

Also, most people in the UK seem to think the Paramount park is still happening... sigh.
News travels like treacle. Slow to make an impact but so hard to remove once it has set in.