• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Cedar Point: General Discussion

TT2 had a press preview yesterday, so we’ve finally got a good look at it running:

Glad I got to ride the original, as this seems like a massive downgrade - the first launch in particular is just such a non-event. Even more concerning is how in some of the clips (especially the one at 3 minutes in) you can clearly see the cars shaking in relation to each other.

The first 'launch' reminds me of when I would put my foot down joining the motorway in my first car, a 1.2 litre Corsa.

With this change, and the S&S launch coasters being a thing of the past, you could say that Stealth has the best launch of any operating coasters?

Probably Maxx Force at Six Flags Great America for me.

Glad they've worked to keep the ride and refresh it, the reverse launch could well be the best bit now.

Nothing will top that original launch though, just the perfect combination of exhiliration and terror.

The loose articles policy for TT2 has been posted - metal detectors at the entrance and all loose items in a paid locker. Apparently the excuse for not putting free lockers at the end of the queue is ‘we didn’t think about loose articles until the last minute - on a ride we spent millions redoing because a falling object nearly killed someone’. 🙄

LOOSE ARTICLES​

Loose articles are not permitted on Top Thrill 2, and all riders will pass through metal detection at the ride’s entrance. This means cell phones, keys, lighters, lipsticks/lip gloss and any other common items you usually put in your pocket are not permitted in line.

Riders are not permitted to utilize waist packs, zippered pockets or pockets that fasten to store their loose items – they must be left with a non-rider or in a locker. There are no loose article bins on the station platform.

LOCKERS​

Working with the manufacturer’s recommendations, Top Thrill 2’s rider safety guidelines were revised after initial testing, resulting in our strict policy of loose articles not being permitted past the ride’s entrance.

Due to the later revision, the integration of lockers into the queue, similar to those at Steel Vengeance, was not possible. We encourage riders to leave any loose articles with a non-rider. If you wish to rent a locker, they will be near the entrance for a nominal fee.

These policies are in place for the safety of our Guests and Associates – and safety is our first priority. Thank you for adhering to these rider safety guidelines to ensure a safe and FUN ride.

We look forward to seeing you on Top Thrill 2 this summer!
So you’ll have nothing to distract distract you while waiting hours in this absolute prison yard of a queue, except for a couple of tv screens declaring ‘FUN’ at you:

I really can’t see any positives in this project. And CP obviously know this news will go down like a lead balloon as the first video update since these guidelines were published had comments disabled.

Can you take food and drink into the queue as long as it’s consumed by the time you get to ride?

No hats or sunscreen for the parts of the queue not shaded could also be an issue.

Can you take food and drink into the queue as long as it’s consumed by the time you get to ride?

No hats or sunscreen for the parts of the queue not shaded could also be an issue.
I'd imagine so, Steel Vengeance didn't have the lockers in 2019 (loose items had to go in a pouch on the train) but they let me into the queue line with food and drink. In fact I'm pretty sure the park brought in the all day drinking via disposable paper cups as a work around for it as well.

Cedar point have sent a survey to guests with 4 potential new coaster concepts on-
There are similar surveys for some of their other parks which feature a couple of the same concepts mixed with some others- while just a survey and parks use all the time it might give some indication on the types of coaster projects they are thinking of next-

Mack water coaster which also has a launch

A Vekoma Tilt coaster

Mack extreme spinner shuttle coaster

Large family coaster (concept image shows a spike but is muxh longer than a normal family shuttle, hard to tell from image but it would be more like how hagrids features a spike part way through the layout)

The survey for Carowinds also includes the water coaster but also a large new superflume water ride (from white water). A water ride is something missing from carowinds.

CP is really lacking in family rides so the large family coaster or the mack water coaster would be my 2 picks. The water coaster also fills the hole missing in the line up as they don't have a log flume. Though the obvious place for any major new ride would be millennium island and I'm not sure if they'd want to remind people of the disaster that was Shoot The Rapids.

I'm a fan of water coasters, but they are normally quite reliant on theming. Poseidon at Europa Park and Storm Coaster at Sea World in Australia are both good rides, but they do lean heavily on the theming. Cedar Fair has done a good job with the Garner Holt re-themes at Knott's Berry Farm and Snake River Expedition at Cedar Point is very good, but most of the coasters have limited theming. Even the only Intamin Aquatrax has quite a lot of theming. I don't think a lightly themed water coaster would be very compelling.