• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Galactica's Future

What would you like to see happen to Galactica?

• Keep the Galactica Theme

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • An improved version of air

Votes: 62 39.0%
  • A new theme to tie in with Nemesis and The Phalanx

Votes: 86 54.1%
  • Something else

Votes: 9 5.7%

• Total voters
With all this talk stemming from Nemesis Reborn, Project Ocean and Forbidden Valley as as whole, naturally there's been discussion about integrating Air/Galactica into the new military story. Personally, I think giving it a Phalanx theme would be detrimental to the ride as a whole.

The entire point of Air was for there to be a thrill coaster that wasn't intimidating - more inviting, joyful, and positive. The light blue track, the bubbly music, sleek futuristic buildings - the overall atmosphere was very welcoming. As a kid who suffered greatly from anxiety around doing the big rides, Air was seen as far more accessible - not only due to the layout, but the style of the area not being as intense as Nemesis or Oblivion.

Granted, the ride was never really decorated, but the idea of the "oasis" is pretty cool and naturally leaves a lot of room for expansion. Get some fountains in, bolster the rockwork in a few places, open the station back up, and the ride itself is already closer to what was promised back in 2002. Take it a bit further - have a small beach area by the drop with some benches and a little water play area. Kids love running through fountains and being silly!

There's an auroa about the military that they strip away peoples personalities to make them tough soldiers - I could see this happening if the Phalanx took control of the ride. There's been pages of discussion over many years about how Merlin's love for painting things black and putting tanks/helicopters around the area doesn't do a lot for people. Personally I haven't seen the updated Nemesis as I'm very hesitant to see it with this new army overlay. And if you're really anxious about it fitting in with the area, just keep the original idea of something like "the safe haven amongst the chaos, where peace reigns - a place so pure that not even the alien could infect it".

Or just lean more into the sci-fi aspect with Galactica. Just please don't homogenise the ride. We've had enough of dark scary themes, and taking the one positive theme away would be really saddening and contradict the design.
Absolutely agree with everything you said here, I think you worded it better than I ever could. My family and friends love air/Galactica because of how much more peaceful it is compared to other rides at the park, not just on the actual ride experience, but the theme as well. I think they'd love something like air again, I know I would anyway haha.

The park has way too many Dark themes personally, and losing it's only secret Weapon ride without a gloomy theme would be really sad. If you're interested in the rides development on the ride system and it's theme and brand, I'll leave a link below of a mini documentary with John Wardley in it. It's a lovely watch.

Bring air back, but with an actual budget for Theming this time haha!

Last edited:
I'd like to see air make a return with the intended theming they didnt have the budget for during construction. I think that would be really cool!
Alternatively they should keep the oasis/peaceful theme I reckon but theme it to be more of an escape from the phalanx and everything going on down at Nemesis. However, the most likely option I see towers taking with Galactica is either keeping it going and just demolishing the ride at the end of its lifespan or theming it towards the Phalanx. Maybe some sort of space creature related to nemesis?

I'd rather just have Air back. Logo, theme music, the whole lot. Merlin need to address the elephant in the room and admit that Galactica was a cheap, lazy makeover
I wish they just left Air as it was Galactica is a lazy attempt at a retheme. Personally I HATE the space theming it just isnt really my thing haha. Theres no reason for galactica to exist in its current theme now the vr dosent exist, theres no new theming added apart from the portal and changing the station slightly.

I think the obvious answer is to stick with the original "Air is the hero to the Nemesis villain" concept. It was always intended to balance-out the dark, horror theme of Nemesis, and that should still be the case now. If they share too many similarities both stand to lose part of their identities.

Easiest fix is to treat the Galactica (I'd go back to Air as a name) area as a "forbidden oasis". For example, the phalanx might be testing a new concept to "Oxygenate the Air" on other planets or something along those lines. You could add more rock work archways, waterfalls, and lush, exotic plants made possible by an "Airborne" chemical that phalanx uses to promote rapid growth of oxygen emitting plant life. Said chemical could recalled "Gen-2", which could become a subtle tagline for the ride. I'd also be very tempted to re-open the shop too and fill it with faux exotic plant-life that Phalanx might be growing in there. Reinstate that fantastic glass frontage! RC Restaurant could be re-located anywhere in the park in a more family-oriented area.

Effectively it'd be taking the "original" Air concept before it was value-engineered, and giving it a new lease of life, tying it in with the phalanx theme, all whilst retaining a "lighter" theme that stands-apart from Nemesis.

Marshy.

For example, the phalanx might be testing a new concept to "Oxygenate the Air" on other planets or something along those lines. You could add more rock work archways, waterfalls, and lush, exotic plants made possible by an "Airborne" chemical that phalanx uses to promote rapid growth of oxygen emitting plant life.
You could also employ roaming actors with tinfoil hats screaming about the harmful effects of chemtrails.

What if Galactica turns into the home base for seek the truth and the protesters? just a thought.

I'd rather AT and Merlin look at achieving what John Wardley never could due to budget limitations in terms of a proper theme. I remember him saying in an interview on YouTube that that is his biggest regret with the ride and I always liked how he saw Air to be the good guy of the park whereas Oblivion and Nemesis were the bad guys.
Leave Nemesis (Reborn) and the FV retheme as it's own thing and make Air what it always deserved to be!

I always liked how he saw Air to be the good guy of the park whereas Oblivion and Nemesis were the bad guys.
Leave Nemesis (Reborn) and the FV retheme as it's own thing and make Air what it always deserved to be!
Oddly enough given the new plot for Nemesis, I would consider Nemesis now more of an anti-hero or sympathic given how Phalanx are the bad guys here which I'm suprised no one has picked up on which honestly is quite a welcome change for all the villian themes. But yes a returning Air as the hero theme could create this crazy 3 way level of good, anti-hero and villian all in Forbidden Valley which all create a diverse theme instead of just be all evil.

Oddly enough given the new plot for Nemesis, I would consider Nemesis now more of an anti-hero or sympathic given how Phalanx are the bad guys here which I'm suprised no one has picked up on which honestly is quite a welcome change for all the villian themes. But yes a returning Air as the hero theme could create this crazy 3 way level of good, anti-hero and villian all in Forbidden Valley which all create a diverse theme instead of just be all evil.
Exactly this.
The original concept art of Air to me is lovely - imagine the section where you travel on your back being a near-miss section with a waterfall or some sort of river underneath or to the side of you!
Maybe, if they did want some sort of theming added in to tie in to the rest of FV and Nemesis, there could be the Nemesis tentacles we've seen around the area sticking out of parts of the tunnel section and around the area to make it look as though containment could be happening...

Exactly this.
The original concept art of Air to me is lovely - imagine the section where you travel on your back being a near-miss section with a waterfall or some sort of river underneath or to the side of you!
Maybe, if they did want some sort of theming added in to tie in to the rest of FV and Nemesis, there could be the Nemesis tentacles we've seen around the area sticking out of parts of the tunnel section and around the area to make it look as though containment could be happening...

Ideally you'd separate the two areas out a bit perhaps through rock work archways (with some water features/waterfalls?) so essentially you exit the very strelile feeling FV into a true Oasis that comes as a big surprise!

Ideally you'd separate the two areas out a bit perhaps through rock work archways (with some water features/waterfalls?) so essentially you exit the very strelile feeling FV into a true Oasis that comes as a big surprise!
That would be pretty cool! They could bring back the same design of rock features that they had around the area when Air was Air. Maybe even waterfalls or features as you've mentioned at the entrance where the ride signage is.
as others have said in this thread though, I think this is some time away (if it ever happens!) what with them mentioning a new flat ride.

I originally voted that air get a Phalanx retheme to go with the rest of forbidden valley.

BUT, if there was a way of being able to segregate air off and create its own area, utilising that car park area, then I'm all for it.

I think if that were to happen, they'd have to create some kind of berm around the existing car park areas, just so it's a little more hidden. Add a lot more tropical type landscaping with the addition of water and rock and some more tamer flats, and it'd be a nice-chilled area.