• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

What car do you drive?

Matt N

TS Member
Favourite Ride
Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
Hi guys. As many of us on here are old enough to drive or at very least learn to drive, I’d imagine that many members have a car. With this in mind, I’d be really interested to know; what car are you currently driving?

My motivation for making this thread is that for the first time ever, I now have a car! After collecting it this morning, my current motor is a 2014 Kia Picanto, with automatic transmission, a blue colour scheme that I’m rather fond of, and 58,000 miles on the clock:
IMG_1743.jpeg
IMG_1744.jpeg
I know it’s nothing too impressive, but as a first car, and something to practice in before passing my test, I really like it!

But what car do you currently drive? I’d be really interested to know!

Hi guys. As many of us on here are old enough to drive or at very least learn to drive, I’d imagine that many members have a car. With this in mind, I’d be really interested to know; what car are you currently driving?

My motivation for making this thread is that for the first time ever, I now have a car! After collecting it this morning, my current motor is a 2014 Kia Picanto, with automatic transmission, a blue colour scheme that I’m rather fond of, and 58,000 miles on the clock:
IMG_1743.jpeg
IMG_1744.jpeg
I know it’s nothing too impressive, but as a first car, and something to practice in before passing my test, I really like it!

But what car do you currently drive? I’d be really interested to know!
That's a nice colour Matt!

I still have my beloved Ford Fiesta, named Franz, that I purchased in November 2017. Gets me where I need to go, drives well...Can't really complain too much. He's showing his age a tad, but he's still more than adequate for my needs.

2009 (15 years old) Volvo S40. Cost me 4 grand about 5-6 years ago and still hasn't decided to break yet. Good value for money. Did similar with the previous car (Saab 9-3 Aero) and that one only cost about 2 grand. I like keeping my money in my bank account if I can help it, not in the accounts of big car firms and leasing firms. I am generally a bit stingey to be fair.1000000030.jpg

Shed ancient beautiful volvo auto estate, in stunning metallic green...magnificent.
Or a black MX5 manual that I do not actually fit in, that I may have to drive to the Towers in this week.
Please, no.
Now that's 2 bloody good cars there. Well jealous.

I drive a 2017 Jaguar XE (every dodgy guy owns one, so there should be no suprises there). Looks stunningly beautiful. Excellently designed heated leather seats that are good for my bad back. Low riding postion. Sticks to corners like glue (like driving an MX5 actually). It's diesel, had 82mpg out of it once, £20 road tax per year and all the mod cons. Like riding a cloud on motorway journeys.

But I despise it. Hard to get in and out of. The parts of interior that aren't covered in leather are cheap plastic. Terrible visibility. Starting the engine is like starting up a spluttery old tractor. Things rattle inside it, the engine is a rough old lump that's too loud. It's slow off the mark for a 180 brake car made out of aluminium. Sitting in the front is a joy, sitting in the back is awfully cramped.

Then you have the reliability. It's just awful. I never know what's going to go wrong with it next. Jaguar Land Rovers aren't known for good reliability. But it's almost like this car was designed just to open my wallet. Everything that could go wrong with it has gone wrong with it. Pressing the start button every morning is like a Lottery. What dash warning will it give me next? Give me a Volvo, Mercedes, or Volkswagen AG car anyday. All of them built like tanks with the best diesel engines on the market.

That’s a really nice colour and a fantastic first car! My first car was a dusty old 90’s Fiat Punto. Loved it at the time though.

I’ve got a 2012 Ford C-Max currently. Does the job and suits my family of 4 just fine. It’s not clean air zone(bham & Manchester, seems to be complaint for most other CAZ areas at the moment)/ULEZ compliant though which is annoying but it just means I don’t drive into those areas as often.

Shed ancient beautiful volvo auto estate, in stunning metallic green...magnificent.
Or a black MX5 manual that I do not actually fit in, that I may have to drive to the Towers in this week.
Please, no.
Oh please, please.
Naughty naughty volvo gearbox.
Now doing Towers in worlds smallest MX5.
Shoehorn and vaseline required to get in.
The shed will be repaired, but it may take weeks...
Gardening round in a silly little sports car anyone?
Roof down, mower on passenger seat it is then.

That’s a nice first car Matt. My first was a VW polo. Served me well for the first 4 years.

Have a BMW 1 series now as wanted a bit more power than the 1 litre polo. She’s diesel unfortunately but great mpg on the daily motorway journeys unlike the polo I had.

Stormy Blue MX-5 NC for me that I have no intention of changing any time soon
d8f29bb9e4800fab3ee02d4f2104ee43.jpg

Sent from my Pixel Fold using Tapatalk

Currently a Peugeot 308. It’s actually been bought for the kids learning to drive in a few months time. Wife just started a new job - with a nice salary sacrifice scheme so currently shopping for a new motor for us.
We had a Ateca with her old job. It’s either going to be an F Pace TRoc or Q3

Being a petrol head I've spent silly silly amounts on the few cars I have had over the years. . .

My fabia vRS started the major modifying trend. . .
14633714298_5375a33791_b.jpg

Had various interiors/wheels/suspension setups over my 11 years ownership. .it became my daily while I built my mazda 3mps.

14940177_1236915936380875_3051432520548397585_o.jpg

Now currently own an Octavia vRS. . .also been played with while trying to retain "dad car" status . . All be it a pretty fast dad car - 310bhp 👌👌

20230515_181923.jpg