• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

I'm expecting a late May/early June opening, which seems about right given the time frame they have to construct the whole village. Doubt they will set in stone an opening though just in case they end up with a Splash Landings repeat.

Quite looking forward to seeing the construction of this. Makes a nice change to see something other than a ride being constructed at Towers. Exciting times.

It's a lodge! Looks set to be a showcase for the Enchanted Village.

10527784_10152506199462225_5454879632214175376_n.jpg

Credit goes to Towers Nerd!

Now I'm wondering why they chose that location to place it. Why not place it on the lawns near CBeebies Land? Since families will be the biggest draw to the lodges next year. It's kinda placed a bit out the way.

Many of their promotions over the years seem to have happened either next to the Towers or in the nearby area of GoalStriker unit, so I imagine it makes sense in one person's head to install it there. However I agree it would be more suited towards CBeebies Land and Towers Street. Hopefully this will be open for next weekend so I can pop my head in.

In a park that does things properly this would be a great way to promote the lodges. But why do I get the feeling that building this here means one less hut that gets built for real?

In a park that does things properly this would be a great way to promote the lodges. But why do I get the feeling that building this here means one less hut that gets built for real?

If anything, it'll speed up the process as they'll just ship it over to the site when they're done using it as a showcase piece. Flat pack lodges are clearly the provided solution.

It's not clear what these will be used for - as in, are they to size? Do they use the same building materials? Will there be anything inside?

This could just be a cheap (and empty) mock up - put up to simply show what they will look like.

The smallest lodges are similar to the size of a hotel room though according to plans :)

You have to love the idea that a show lodge is a final example of what will get built.

It has two doors so must be genuine!

You have to love the idea that a show lodge is a final example of what will get built.

It has two doors so must be genuine!
I think Diogo meant that it looks tiny anyway, but if that's 2 lodges, then it would be half the size!

It doesn't look to scale, looks smaller than the lodges that will be built.. Maybe it's just the pictures that are making it look tiny.

Would be cool if you could walk inside them but just an empty shell is better than nothing. Good way to advertise the lodges nonetheless.

I would argue that they would... should ... be building them at full scale. Otherwise people would be put off by how small they look.
Oh, wait, that's already happening...

An individual accommodation is aprox 4.5m x 6.5m, so a full double lodge is 9x13. The dimensions have been there for months on the planning portal. I'm no good at eyeballing a picture but those dimensions would make a lodge similar size to an ATH room.

I would expect the lodges to be a modular design, if anyone's issue with Thorpes Shark hotel is it's a modular design then get with the century as houses are getting built like that now and most modern hotels. The issue with Thorpe Shark is it's shipping containers and has had no effort at disguising that fact.