• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

Was on park on Friday and was very surprised at how big the building was.

I really like how the outside of the building looks and can't wait for them all to be built.

We've posted some pictures of the Show Lodge onto our Facebook page...

Here's a selection of the images!

10505610_720383014698812_5210624874025330336_n.jpg

10517470_720383008032146_2589366643783068854_n.jpg

10562968_720383058032141_4784366929795259645_n.jpg

10533557_720383124698801_5000838088622341736_n.jpg

10492040_720383154698798_1325909350718374792_n.jpg

One small concern. The small panes of glass around the door..... would this not be easy for someone to smash the small pane by the door handle, reach in and open the door?

One small concern. The small panes of glass around the door..... would this not be easy for someone to smash the small pane by the door handle, reach in and open the door?
Yes.

Well done Merlin... again.

The doors which are clearly key card locked and thus couldn't be opened from inside unless you'd unlocked it with a key?

You would be able to open from inside without a keycard (if it is same as most hotel rooms). But most modern double glazing is hard to smash. Plus with housekeeping and other guests in the area I very much doubt anyone would chance breaking in, would be easier to smash a car window and steal from there.

Yeah you dont need a keycard to open a hotel room from the inside. I may be wrong but the glass doesnt look double glazed from the photos..... it probably is. Just a thought tho if you have lodges in a quieter part of the resort and someone peering through the glass spots iPads, wallets etc left in the room.

Since this is just for show they could be just penny pinching by not having DG. It would be very merlin, and lets be frank. If you were to stay in them even with the best security would you leave all valuables in full show? If you did then I think you deserve to be robbed wouldn't leave them on full show in the car.

I would like to hope that there will be enough security and CCTV to stop people being criminals whilst staying on resort.

A break-in is unlikely to happen. It could happen, but would be a freak incident that I doubt will be a regular thing at all.

This is Alton Towers afterall, not Thorpe Park...

I'd imagine it's no more of an issue/risk as someone trying to smash the window and break into a ground floor hotel room.

:)

It's as easy to smash a window to open a door as it is just to smash a window and climb through... Unless we are suggesting they should have no windows at all.

Riiiiggghhhhht

Is everyone here scared that everyone will break in and steal all your possessions? If so, I feel sorry for where you all live.

It's clearly double glazed, and it's clear that noone will break in similar to how noone breaks into Haven Caravan sites or Center Parcs lodges.

Is everyone here scared that everyone will break in and steal all your possessions? If so, I feel sorry for where you all live.

It's clearly double glazed, and it's clear that noone will break in similar to how noone breaks into Haven Caravan sites or Center Parcs lodges.

I think people are just scared that they are struggling to find actual things to criticise. Creating hot sweats and the shakes.

Reactions: Dar
I think the point is, that if someone REALLY wanted to, by the looks of the windows, they could, if they REALLY wanted to, break in, potentially, possibly, unlikely.

You mean like the people who steal the bags? No can't imagine for a second they wouldn't be opportunist lol!

Come on, those lodges are great, and as if you deserve to have your stuff stolen for leaving it an lodge you're paying money for with a window in it? NO ONE deserves to have stuff stolen for maybe forgetting to put it away, what a ridiculous thing to say.

Yes, people steal. Yes, people break in, and YES IT HAPPENS AT TOWERS and is likely at some point to happen in a lodge unless their is suitable security around because they do look vulnerable now it's been mentioned.

We do not live in the 1940/50s etc when people left their front doors open and neighbours popped in unannounced gave your kids a clip around the ear and helped themselves to a bit of sugar to return later.

Get real.

With everything in life a lot of factors determine the theft risk. I can see the risk being the same as a caravan at a haven park. There could be time where the risk is a bit higher than normal, however that happens in a dynamic environment of hostelling.
I think there is a higher risk of someone pickpocketing you in a queueline than breaking in to a room and nicking your stuff.

basically don't go with the idea its 100% theif proof. Use common sense. Same with leaving bags in the station. IM sure the hut is as good as they are prepared to make it and lets be honest for the price it should be.

Jeez this is getting outta hand! I merely stated that there was a small window, which, to me, looked single glazed, right next to where the door handle was. And given these are "woodland" chalets maybe in quieter areas of the resort - there may - in my opinion - be a small risk of the glass being smashed and the handle opened from the inside. That's it.

Yes, the glass probably is double glazed, yes, you probably do have more chance of having something taken from your car in the car park. It was just my initial thoughts when I saw that.

As for criticisms, so what if someone wants to say they think these look pretty naff, or look absolutely awesome, its a discussion board isn't it?