• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

I think it's actually testament to how nice these look that a discussion on stealing and breakable windows has taken up a whole page

I think there are things you could easily pick out about these lodges. The aged look of them (surprised Merlin and aged look jokes haven't started yet), the lack of windows around the lodge/no windows for bathroom/second bedroom, the small size of them, being nothing more than a hotel room outdoors, the decking area being small and obviously these lodges looking crap compared to the original lodge plans with a terrace with seating and a small kitchenette. :p

Most of that I mean in jest, but I'm honestly surprised no one has come out with any of the above yet.

We all knew the lodges would look aged or a bit worn - as it's part of the theme of the fairy tale style village.

I can't remember the plans but do we know for sure there's no windows in the back rooms? It doesn't look like there are but has there been pictures of the back yet? :)

Can't speak from experience but everyone that has seen them in the flesh say they look bigger than in the pictures too.

10462978_976936988998930_7766866241545028405_n.jpg

Credit to Theme Park Worldwide

I like it!

Ooh, fancy! If this is all themed and landscaped well, I can see it being one of the most immersive parts of the whole park, let alone resort.

No signs of completion this weekend, but they do look very small inside. A bunk bed has been installed in the left hand lodge and it fits snugly into the rear room, giving you an idea of just under half the length of the room. I'll try and snap some images later.

I saw them earlier this week and they do look nice in person. They certainly don't look like shipping containers or anything, they were doing lots of bits of detailing, etc. From what I could gather as you walk in there will be a double bed on one side then desk and TV on the other side. Then at the back there will be a bathroom on one side, and a small bedroom on the other. I would say its a similar size to a typical hotel room in Splash or ATH, the only difference is the kids will be in a seperate room. It will also be nice to have the bit of decking at the front.

I can't wait to see what they will look like with all trees and planting around them.

It looks great on the outside and will no doubt look fantastic with lots of them around, play areas and trees/landscaping surrounding them.

Only thing I'm not keen on is just how aged the doors look (may look better in person) and how small they are. But if these will indeed be the 'budget' option that's not really a problem if it's the same size as the hotel rooms.

Exclusive TST photo of inside the lodges11!!1!1!!1:

2l1jk8.jpg

The side windows are fairly small, so naturally you can't see much from outside. However the bunk bed is placed against the window, so you could easily reach inside and tickle whoever happens to be asleep in it.

One thing that has made me chuckle today is a decorator trying to gain entrance to the lodge. His key card wasn't working, so he opened the window, popped his arm through and opened the door from the other side. Simple!

I think there are things you could easily pick out about these lodges. The aged look of them (surprised Merlin and aged look jokes haven't started yet), the lack of windows around the lodge/no windows for bathroom/second bedroom, the small size of them, being nothing more than a hotel room outdoors, the decking area being small and obviously these lodges looking crap compared to the original lodge plans with a terrace with seating and a small kitchenette. :p

Most of that I mean in jest, but I'm honestly surprised no one has come out with any of the above yet.

As far as I remember the plans were always for lodges to be outdoor hotel rooms and only the larger treehouse units to have kitchenette.

One thing that has made me chuckle today is a decorator trying to gain entrance to the lodge. His key card wasn't working, so he opened the window, popped his arm through and opened the door from the other side. Simple!

So I was right then.....

^haha, yes! :)

One can only assume he didn't break the window though & it was already open... ;)

I think they should get whoever is in charge and make them sit through a series of George Clarks amazing spaces. Then phone the loveable Geordie and say right mate lets make these kick ass without adding to the cost. I bet if they put there mind to it they could hide allsorts of little holes and things for people to explore in the cabins.