• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

You would be insane not to get a coaster with a decent throughput on a kids coaster. Just look at most of the kids rides at Chessington with low throughputs which make the queues horrendous.

Unfortunately though, I just can't see it happening.

I know, but a good point was made earlier about it making people come back - it's a cynical point even by my standards but I find it hard to disagree with. If they can absorb the complaint, dish out a few placatory words or gestures, and get people returning why would they care?

They're going to know the throughput of the ride and ultimately what it will mean, they can't buy a poor throughput ride and pretend they don't know it's going to be abject misery for parents stuck in the queue for it during the summer.

It'll show their intent that's for sure.

Ooh, I see they've improved The Smiler's drainage for this year.

If you get a VIP pass, it includes fishing rights in The Smiler queue line.

But what kind of throughput are you expecting? Its not going to be a 1300-1800 pph machine.

The Zamperla Speedy Coasters have a theoretical capacity of 500/726 pph on a one train operation. Ok, the Mack Youngstars can get 1000pph on two train, but 500-726 for a kiddie coaster is surely more than adequate. A Gerstlauer kiddie coaster is 480-720pph

Of course, if we got one of these that could be a problem!!!

R14KRerst02g.jpg

But what kind of throughput are you expecting? Its not going to be a 1300-1800 pph machine.

The Zamperla Speedy Coasters have a theoretical capacity of 500/726 pph on a one train operation. Ok, the Mack Youngstars can get 1000pph on two train, but 500-726 for a kiddie coaster is surely more than adequate. A Gerstlauer kiddie coaster is 480-720pph

Of course, if we got one of these that could be a problem!!!

I so hope Towers/Nick didn't see that.

That's SW8 right there that is.

This was Heide Park's effort in 2008, a Zierer Force One - they didn't even bother to hide the base...

7r84000ifp0080028qg483.jpg

(RCDB)

That thing at Heide is moderate but the theming is poor.

I'd rather have a simpler coaster and better theming within CBeebies land, to be honest

Interesting pics there, most kiddy coasters seem to use box supports rather than tubes, so who could the manufacturer be?

The supports don't match what zamperla or the other cheap manufactures use on their kiddie off the shelf coasters. Could be a new model from one of these companies though!

Gerstlauer use a combination of tubular and box supports on their Junior Coaster model as can be seen in this picture. It's the same coaster used for Troublesome Trucks so could be a fairly decent little addition!

R08JCDray02g.jpg

Something that doesn't look standard is a good sign.

I wonder why they have got the big concrete slab on site though. Quicker and cheaper to erect?

I expect that's the reason for the concert slab as already a slab from the beastie site, so didn't need to dig that up just add some more to make the bad bigger .Its also more time consuming and labour intensive to do individual footers.

I hope the coaster is as big as the Troublesome Trucks, but I somehow doubt it. Surely a coaster of that size can't fit into a space of that size!

Granted, I wouldn't be able to look at some supports and simply say "That's Gerstlauer", but these certainly don't look like they are from a cheap manufacturer.